Executive assistants are responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support to a company’s office and seniors. They are expected to support executives, handle clients, take phone calls and schedule appointments along with performing a number of other tasks within an office.
An executive assistant needs to be a jack-of-all-trades as the need to cope with many tasks at the same time is imminent. In some work settings, they are also required to oversee payrolls. On a higher level, executive assistants assist with creating presentations, reviewing reports and manage project coordination. These duties of course depend on each employee’s individual setting at their workplace.
Since this position requires high responsibility levels, people are generally required to possess skills that help them achieve success. Let us look at some examples of an executive assistant’s skills statements which can be effectively used to build a resume. While skills and qualifications differ from position to position, most candidates at this level will need to possess all of the above. Since this is a position of extreme responsibility, candidates are chosen with a lot of care.
• Demonstrated ability to screen calls, manage calendars, and arrange meeting, travels and events
• Adept at scheduling events and managing calendars
• Well-versed in preparing reports and typing correspondence
• Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors
• Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
• First-hand experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, accounting software and internet research
• Special talent for handling multiple tasks at the same time
• Qualified to perform research work for specific assignments and projects
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
• Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
• Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
• Proven proficiency in using office equipment such as fax machines and photocopiers
• Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment
• Flexible schedule with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Committed to provide excellent customer service all times
• Trilingual: English, Spanish and French