Electrical estimators work for either electricians or construction projects to provide cost estimates. They analyze materials and labor in order to figure out just what kind of equipment and wiring is needed, its estimate and how to use it in an effective manner.
Special skills and knowledge in electrical drawings and blueprints are required to work efficiently as an electrical estimator.
If you are looking for a job as one, the following resume sample may come in handy.
Related: Cover Letter for Estimator Resume
736 Common Street ● Hingham, MA 73635 ● (901) 910-9009 ● Email
Record of providing economical and accurate estimates to diverse electrical and construction projects.
Summary: Over 9 years of experience in analyzing specifications and proposals in order to prepare and time and cost estimates. Track record of conducting special studies to establish standard cost data. Recognized for designing concept drawings and estimate cost for budget and fixed lump sum pricing. A meticulous individual who enjoy working with others and follows commands perfectly. Good attention to detail and exceptional organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to read decrypt blueprints
• Able to solicit bid prices from vendors
• In depth knowledge of electrical code and field
• Proficient in using estimate software
• Working knowledge of SharePoint and ConEst
• Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Introduced a complex system that checks for design completeness and provides estimated budget
• Participated in the budgeting concept and analysis teamwork to figure out standardized costs of materials and labor
Electrical Estimator | Construction Pro, Hingham, MA | 1/2010 – Present
• Analyze blueprints and specifications to figure out labor, material and time costs
• Attend bid meetings and pre-bid meetings
• Review relevant data to determine cost of materials and requirements for labor
• Prepare cost estimates
Electrical Estimator | City Electrical Company, Hingham, MA | 11/2007 – 1/2010
• Conducted studies to develop effective cost reductions
• Solicited subcontractor prices
• Organized and prepared scope of work and price proposals
• Prepared quotes
Miami City University – 2007
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
Major: Construction Management