School bus drivers drive school buses on a predefined routes.
They pick up students from designated places and drop them off to school on a routine basis and vice versa.
There are some other responsibilities that school bus drivers are expected to perform which they will be expected to write in a resume when applying for a job. Let us see how this is done.
Tip: Create a simple and to the point school driver resume in a logical format and highlight key points in bullet form.
90 King Jr. Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 25144
(900) 999-9999, Email
Seeking a School Bus Driver position with the King’s Elementary School. Eager to provide transportation service of school children in a safe and efficient manner.
• Over 10 years of experience in light and heavy vehicle driving
• Committed to ensuring passengers’ safety at all times
• Effectively advise students and reinforce regulations
• In depth knowledge of assisting students in safe loading and unloading from bus
• Demonstrated ability to perform emergency roadside repairs
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
• Class B Drivers License with School Bus Endorsement
• CPR & First Aid Certified
• Conducted emergency drills with students and teachers in order to cater to emergency situations
• Created route sheets for all school bus drivers for the purpose of following straight routes to required destinations
Nashville High School, Tuscaloosa, AL | May 2010 – Present
School Bus Driver
• Drive school bus according to designated schedule
• Assist students and teachers off and on the bus
• Provide information on safety measures to be taken into account
• Maintain fluid levels in the bus and check for defects in the engine and tires
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
• Respond to inquiries from students and parents
Airgas Inc. – Corpus Christi, TX | Jan 2007 – Feb 2010
• Handled loading, unloading and delivering procedures of merchandise
• Drove truck to destination
• Prepared receipts for load picked up
• Maintained log book
• Inspected truck parts including tires, lights and brakes
• Maintained radio contact to receive delivery instructions from area office
Corpus Christi City School, Corpus Christi, TX | 2006
High School Diploma
• Excellent driving record
• Proven ability to drive in inclement weather conditions
• Able to communicate via two-way radio device
• Good attention to details
• Able to understand and carry out written instructions
• Excellent problem solving skills
“I am committed to the safety of students at all times.”