A driver resume is a succinct summary of your qualifications, experience, education, skills and achievements. It is a selling tool to attract your reader to call you to an interview in order to know more about your driving abilities.
In order to build a great resume for a driver position, you should include your most relevant skills and qualifications in accordance with the needs of prospective employer.
Following are some sample skills for a driver which might be used either in skills or qualifications section of your resume.
• Highly skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
• Competent at checking vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
• Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
• Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and unloading their luggage.
• Well-versed in cleaning of both the inside and outside of vehicle.
• Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns.
• Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journey.
• Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit.
• Adept at collecting fares.
• Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality.
• Effective skills in keeping a record of miles traveled.
• Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.