A driver’s job is much more than just maneuvering a vehicle from one place to another. A driver has certain responsibilities; customer service and ensure that passengers reach to their destination safely and comfortably. In addition, good map reading skills and the ability to drive carefully, since other people’s lives may depend on them, are just some of the duties of a good driver.
If you are a professional driver and seeking a similar position, you should send a compelling resume as an essential part of your job application process. Your resume will assist potential employers to find your capabilities, driving experience and what kind of vehicles you have driven.
Driver Resume Tips
• Your resume must contain the detail of your licenses, trainings and certifications.
• Keep your resume to-the-point; do not write unnecessary and non-relevant information because this might cause your rejection.
• Showcase your candidacy in a branded performance summary, packed with impressive but field specific adjectives that promise a strong impact on the reader.
• Show them you are dependable by mentioning the track record of safe driving and knowledge regarding traffic rules.
• Ability to navigate, read maps and use GPS is always a plus when it comes to driving. Do no miss out such information.
• If you know any additional languages, these will definitely give you an edge in this profession! Go ahead and mention them.
Follow the resume samples below and this Driver Cover Letter when preparing your job application.
887 S 400 East Street ■ Payson, UT 55343 ■ (149) 999-9999 ■ Email
Reliable, expert and professional driver with 7 years’ hands-on experience in light and heavy vehicle driving. Committed to ensure the safety of passengers, merchandise and vehicle. Able to respond quickly in emergency situations. Excellent communication and people sills and a proven ability to read maps and use GPS systems.
• Class A CDL with P1
• In depth knowledge of routes, locations and addresses in and around city.
• Able to perform minor repairs of all kinds of vehicles.
• Demonstrated ability to keep the vehicle clean.
• Awarded Driver of the Year award by the company for managing one million accident free miles in 2008.
• Clean driving record – No tickets, no points, no accidents.
Two Men and a Truck, Payson, UT | June 2010 – Present
• Transport office staff from one place to another on assigned routes
• Transport cargo to different places safely
• Assist passengers in securing wheelchairs and providing other mobility services
• Ensure appropriate maintenance of vehicles
• Provide customer services for individuals as they reach destination
• Support in loading and unloading of merchandise
• Perform vehicle inspection to manage preventive maintenance
• Make minor repairs as and when necessary
Heckmann Corporation – Carrizo Springs, TX | May 2006 – June 2010
• Followed maps to deliver the merchandise
• Obtained valid signature on delivery documents
• Operated boom crane or other truck-mounted equipment
• Completed daily truck inspection
• Maintained driver log book
Houston High School, Houston, TX – 2004
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Great hand-eye coordination
• Able to operate computer and perform arithmetic calculations
• Flexible schedule: Available at nights, weekends or early morning
| 290 Classy Apartments • Fairfield, CT 64344|
(003) 222 – 6666 • martin @ email . com
❖❖ DRIVER ❖❖
Bringing sound driving expertise, strong customer service acumen and real time-management skills.
Safety-conscious, dependable professional with extensive driving experience spanning over 6 years. Exceptional GPS navigation skills amalgamated with sound knowledge of traffic laws. Extended experience in limo chauffeuring with a neat and accident free driving record. Familiar with city and state routes. Strengths include:
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand directions.
• CDL Holder with highway route permits applicable in CT.
|– Luggage Loading||– Map Reading||– Route Coordination|
|– Preventive Maintenance||– Record Keeping||– Passenger Assistance|
|– Best Route Determination||– Logs/Inventory Maintenance||– Organization|
|– Vehicle Inspection||– Oil/Water Level Check||– DOT guidelines|
BAUER’S WORLDWIDE TRANSPORTATION, Fairfield, CT
VIP Transportation Chauffer, 9/2011 – Present
Respond to company wireless messages and reach communicated destinations timely to receive guests. Use installed GPS based systems for effective navigation. Load and unload the guests’ luggage safely. Conduct periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicle and maintain logs for same.
• Reduced fuel consumption costs of the assigned vehicle by 30% through effective implementation of RPM controlled driving.
• Earned the award for ‘Most Responsible Driver’ in 2013.
KING’S LIMO SERVICE, Fairfield, CT
Limousine Driver, 5/2008 to 8/2011
Picked up guests from assigned locations and dropped them off to desired destinations. Provided information about local hotels if required and maintained records of gas fill as per company policy and guidelines.
• Enhanced number of regular route customers by 20% during first year of employment through demonstration of matchless customer care and watchful driving skills
Diploma: ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Fairfield, CT, 2008