Taxi / cab drivers are responsible for carrying individuals from one place to another. Cab drivers usually roam the roads and can be hailed on sight by passengers wanting to be transported to a destination. Some cab drivers also work for companies that provide cabs for hire. Depending on each passenger’s individual transportation needs, he or she may call a cab company and request for a cab to pick him or her up from a particular destination or just hail a cab they see on the road.
It goes without saying that cab drivers need to possess a valid driver’s license if they want to be considered for this position. Knowledge of local and inter-state routes is an absolute necessity as is the ability to chart out proper routes using maps and the GPS technology. For people who want to work as cab drivers, the following resume sample can provide an idea on how to create one for this position.
Cab Driver Resume Example
8910 Geneva Street, Aurora, CO 88001
Cellular: (999) 999-9999, Email:
Customer Service / Safety
Energetic professional with valid commercial driving license (Taxi endorsement) and clean driving record. Strong background in driving cabs intercity and within the state routes. Courteous attitude aimed at providing exceptional customer services. Keen knowledge of using technology (GPS) to map out appropriate routes along with great understanding of best road safety practices.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE
✔ Punctual and dependable
✔ Exceptional customer service skills
✔ Eager to help others
✔ Flexible schedule
✔ Knowledge the Aurora area and surroundings
• Successfully implemented the concept of “Safety First” by providing the company’s group of cab drivers with information on taking passenger security seriously.
• Handled a particularly tricky driving situation during bad weather by implementing vehicle maneuverability protocols effectively.
• Trained five groups of new cab drivers by providing them driving lessons in accordance to the company’s standards.
• Arranged a series of internal seminars to instill new hires with customer service knowledge and education.
Cab Driver | Cabbies Today, Aurora, CO | 06/2008 – Present
• Greet passengers and assist them in embarking on the cab
• Assist passengers with loading and unloading their luggage
• Make sure that passengers are seated comfortably
• Ask passengers their desired destination and provide them with a payment quote
• Chart out the best possible route keeping both traffic and mileage in mind
• Ensure safe transportation of passengers to their required destination
• Provide passengers with information on local sightseeing and shopping destinations
• Ensure that the cab is properly fuelled and maintained constantly
• Take payments from passengers and assist them with their luggage at the destination
• Log mileage and payment information in predefined log books
Personal Driver | Discount Cab, Aurora, CO | 01/2007 – 05/2008
• Drove car on long routes
• Ensured appropriate maintenance has been performed on car
• Made sure that the vehicle is always fueled and ready to take on an assignment
• Filed mileage and route logs
GED | Shavan High School, Aurora, CO | 2006