Building a resume for a bus driving position can pose to be a challenge, especially if the candidate is inexperienced. Although most resumes now use a professional summary to begin with, yet for individuals with no experience, opting for a career objective to begin the resume is a better choice. Worried about what to write after the objective statement? Well, the resume will have all the general sections like qualifications, skills, education and work.
However, work can be omitted if there is no work experience or perhaps some volunteer work can fill the section. In entry level resumes, where there is no experience to showcase, the employer’s focus automatically shifts to the skills and qualifications sections. So make sure these sections are done wisely to attain a favorable impression.
Following is a sample resume for bus driver position suitable for candidates with no experience.
Bus Driver Resume with No Experience
898 Kinsley’s Apartments, Miami, FL 67554 ♦ (003)222-3333 ♦ edison @ email . com
Highly concerned for the safety of passengers on the bus.
Dedicated and responsible individual seeking the position as a bus driver with the ABC Transport System. Excellent bus driving and ticket handling skills coupled with knowledge of safe bus driving practices.
• CDL B with airbrakes and passenger endorsement
• First Aid training
• Clean criminal and medical record
• Familiar with bus and passenger safety procedures
• In depth knowledge of the US driving laws and policies
• Ability to drive buses with manual and automatic transmissions
|● Basic bus mechanics||● Maintaining passenger records|
|● Doors and windows operations||● Sharp reflexes|
|● Precautionary maintenance||● Billing, ticketing and fare|
|● Excellent eye hand coordination||● Mitigating conflicts|
Dell Bus Service Station, Miami, FL | Summer 2012
Worked as a bus driving intern while receiving a short training as a junior bus driver.
High School Diploma | St. Patrick’s High School, Miami, FL | 2012
• Exceptional analytical, time management and decision making skills
• Multi lingual ability (English, Spanish and French)
• General respectful attitude towards all passengers
• Take pleasure in assisting disabled and elderly
• Physically fit and strong enough to lift loads up to 100 lbs