Confronted with the task of composing your technical resume? Well, a technical resume can be quite challenging at times. The key to writing a technical resume, for example that of a java developer is to highlight the technical skills and strengths more than professional experience.
It is advisable to enlist your technical specialties using modern, technical terms, right after the summary. This not only makes your resume more objective and search engine friendly, but also provides enough spice for the employer to continue reading. Following is one example of a resume for the position of Java Developer.
Also See: Java Developer Cover Letter
Java Developer Resume Sample
3063 W 7th Street| Los Angeles, CA 90012 | (000) 866 – 8668
malcolm.dunn @ email . com
Quick deliverer with a track record of bringing perfect results.
Highly energetic and meticulous IT professional with 10+ years’ experience in developing Java J2EE applications. Expert in software life cycle, including programming, maintaining, troubleshooting and updating of java applications. Profound ability to work with very little supervision accompanied with great analytical thinking and trouble shooting ability.
Languages: Hibernate, C++, C, VB
Database/Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, Java Swing, JMS SOAP, JDBC
Operating Systems: HP UNIX, Win 95 – 8, Linux, MS SQL, Derby
Protocols: TCP/IP, VOIP, OSS
• Designing and development of Java web based applications
• Updating and maintaining java based database
• Integrating other web languages with Java Script
• Mentoring junior java developers
Tech World Hillsborough, FL | Sep 2005 – Present
Java Programmer / Developer
• Develop and code database as per the company’s requirement
• Accomplish a smooth, error free version of newly developed applications after running the same through an extensive testing phase
• Monitor and update existing and new java based database to ensure their smooth running.
• Develop web based java applications for the company that aim at making client-company communication better and easier
• Update, monitor and maintain java relevant tasks on the company’s website
• Combine java databases with environments like oracle when requested by a third party for integration of data
• Monitor the inter company web interface and trouble shoot when needed to facilitate smooth interaction
Smart Software Solutions, Los Angeles, CA | Aug 2003 – Feb 2005
• Incorporated the company’s entire software with Partner Company’s BPM based software
• Monitored web based java applications, identified any errors and eradicated the same via efficient trouble shooting using Java skills
• Coordinated with management and sales team to modify the existing java applications into more user friendly and sales effective applications
• Created sales specific demonstrations using Java when needed by the company
• Maintained, modified and monitored company’s internal database to ensure smooth intra company communication among various departments
Learn for Good Institute, Tampa, FL
Certification of Java Associate by Sun, SCJA (2007)
University of California, Los Angeles, CA | 2002
Masters in Computer Science
Major: Software Engineering
Minor: Software Development