Candidates often faces a tough time when crafting a resume for an interior designer position. In fact, writing a resume is tedious and requires a lot of consideration. As competition in every industry is high – and interior designing is not an exception.
Resume experts strongly emphasize on building customized resumes for each organization that’s why the process of resume writing becomes complicated. An easy solution is to build a master resume and keep editing it as per needs of prospective employer.
|Harold Phillips|| 718 Unix Ave • Dallas, TX 54006
(006) 333 – 6666
harold . philips @email .com
Aspired to design innovative and unique solutions.
Performance Summary: Determined and detail-oriented professional with proven success in leading the conceptualization and implementation of diverse interior designing projects. Competent in interior renovation and development as well as feasibility study and cost estimation. Familiar with contemporary trends in interior designing and state approved building codes. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and clients. LEED Certified.
|● Design Review||● Documentation||● Ergonomic Technology|
|● Schematic Designing||● Bid Analysis||● 3D Studio Max|
|● Mock Up Packages||● MS Office||● Photoshop/Illustrator|
|● AutoCAD/REVIT||● Space Management||● Electrical Layouts|
• Transformed an uninspiring triple story villa into a warm and inviting space elevating its sale price by 30%.
• Developed an appealing office design for a corporate client and secured a project worth $50K for the firm.
• Received the ‘Best Home Design Award’ by the ASID, TX in 2012.
Kohler Co, Dallas, TX | 5/2010 to Present
• Meet with clients, determine their preferences and develop a budgeted work plan
• Fabricate at least three AutoCAD supported rough sketches for each project and present the same for client approval
• Purchase required materials and hired required personnel based on project
• Collaborate with architects and contractors during construction regarding special considerations based on the approved plan
• Carryout all project related documentation and maintain a project file
GENSLER, Dallas, TX | 3/2004 to 4/2010
Junior Interior Designer
• Determined functional requirements of the clients and planned the space accordingly
• Provided programming services for interior design projects
• Monitored installation schedules with vendors and service providers
• Assisted the senior interior designer in administrative tasks like catalogue review and sample ordering
Concordia University, Dallas, TX – 2004
B.A. Interior Designing
Member: American Society of Interior Designers
688 Earl Avenue ● Riverside, RI 35343 ● (019) 999-9999 ● Email
• Creative Interior Designer with 6+ years of progressive experience in interior designing
• Known for providing effective design support to team members
• Well-versed in application of basic elements and principles of designing
• Hands on experience in preparation of contract documentation
• Track record of developing space planning concepts and program documentation
INTERIOR DESIGNING EXCELLENCE
• Well-versed in determining the client’s needs and goals
• Special talent for considering how the space will be utilized effectively
• Specialized courses in sketching opening design plans
• First-hand experience in specifying materials and furnishings
• Highly skilled in preparing final plans using CAD, Revit and SketchUp and related computer software
• Completed three simultaneous interior projects within 1 month’s deadline
• Trained a team of interior interns for project management activities for Project Xpyre
Delta Designs – Riverside, RI
Interior Designer | December 2010 – Present
• Lead interior designs teams on projects
• Develop planning concepts and documentation
• Provide coordination for finish plans and specifications
• Assist with information gathering activities
• Participate in construction administration
• Assist in managing client expectations and consultant coordination
School of Interior Designing, State University, Riverside, RI – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
• Strong graphical and visual skills
• Able to multi task
• Proven ability to write and speak communicatively
• Strong technical background in terms of construction materials and building codes
• Excellent organizational skills