Candidates often faces a tough time building a good resume for an interior designer position. The task is quite tedious and requires a lot of consideration. As competition in every industry is very tough these days and interior designing is not an exception. Resume experts strongly emphasize on customized resumes for each organization that’s why the process of resume writing becomes even more complicated. An easy solution is to build a master resume and keep editing it as per the position and firm you apply at.
Catering each version according to the prospective employer’s need pays off. Employers like to see candidates who they feel will fit in quickly. It is also important to identify their required skills and highlight them in your resume, which again calls for a customized version of your resume for each application.
|Harold Phillips|| 718 Unix Ave • Dallas, TX 54006|
(006) 333 – 6666
harold . philips @email .com
Aspired to design innovative and unique solutions.
Determined and detail-oriented professional with proven success in leading the conceptualization and implementation of diverse interiors projects. Hands-on experience in a variety of interior renovation and development projects. Competent in project based cost estimations. Substantial knowledge of contemporary trends in interior designing and state approved building codes. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients. LEED Certified.
|● Design Review||● Documentation||● Ergonomic Technology|
|● Schematic Designing||● Bid Analysis||● 3-D Studio Max|
|● Mock Up Packages||● MS Office||● Photoshop/SketchUp/Illustrator|
|● AutoCAD/REVIT||● Space Management||● Electrical Layouts|
• Transformed an uninspiring triple storey villa into a warm and inviting space elevating its sale price by 30%.
• Developed an appealing office design for a corporate client and secured a project worth $50K for the firm.
• Received the ‘Best Home Design Award’ by the ASID, TX in 2012.
KOHLER CO, Dallas, TX
Interior Designer, 5/2010 to Present
• Meet with clients, determine their preferences and develop a budgeted work plan
• Fabricate at least three AutoCAD supported rough sketches for each project and present the same for client approval
• Procure material needed and hire required services based on project
• Collaborate with architects and contractors during construction regarding special considerations based on the approved plan
• Carryout all project related documentation and maintain a project file
GENSLER, Dallas, TX
Jr. Designer, 3/2004 to 4/2010
• Determined functional requirements of the clients and planned the space accordingly
• Provided programming services for interior design projects
• Monitored installation schedules with vendors and service providers
• Assisted the senior interior designer in administrative tasks like catalogue review and sample ordering
ADVANCE COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES, Dallas, TX, 2004
B.A. Interior Designing
Member: American Society of Interior Designers
688 Earl Avenue ● Riverside, RI 35343 ● (019) 999-9999 ● Email
OBJECTIVE (See: Interior Designer Objectives)
Seeking an Interior Designer position with Obscure Designs utilizing creativity and extended knowledge of designing to retain satisfied customers.
• Over 6 years of experience in interior designing
• Functional knowledge of providing design support to team members
• In depth knowledge of application of basic elements and principles of designing
• Hands on experience in preparation of interior construction contract documentation
• Experienced in developing space planning concepts and program documentation
INTERIOR DESIGNING EXCELLENCE
• Well-versed in determining the client’s needs and goals
• Special talent for considering how the space will be utilized effectively
• Specialized courses in sketching opening design plans
• First-hand experience in specifying materials and furnishings
• Highly skilled in preparing final plans using CAD, Revit and SketchUp and related computer software
• Completed three simultaneous interior projects within 1 month’s deadline
• Trained a team of interior interns for project management activities for Project Xpyre
Delta Designs – Riverside, RI
Interior Designer, December 2006– Present
• Lead interior designs teams on projects
• Develop planning concepts and documentation
• Provide coordination for finish plans and specifications
• Assist with information gathering activities
• Participate in construction administration
• Assist in managing client expectations and consultant coordination
Bachelors in Interior Design – 2004 – RI School of Interiors
• Strong graphical and visual skills
• Able to multi task
• Proven ability to write and speak communicatively
• Strong technical background in terms of construction materials and building codes
• Excellent organizational skills