In a graphic designer resume, presenting yourself as an individual who is ready to start and is fully equipped with the skills demanded by the graphic designer role is crucial. Below are some helpful tips in this regard.
Customization: Targeting your resume to cater for the particular needs of a prospective employer. A one-size-fits-all resume is not a good option in today’s competitive job market as it significantly reduces the chances of being shortlisted.
Candidacy Branding: Ensure a compelling and impressive performance summary at the top of your resume. It is a short statement which highlights the most relevant aspects of your profile.
Below are 2 sample resumes for graphic designer position.
210 Wesley Ave • Beaverton, OR 56003 • (004) 333-5555 • david @ email . com
Performance Summary: Creative, versatile and multi-talented graphic designer with a track record of increasing client satisfaction by developing contemporary and state-of-art computerized graphic visuals. Strong expertise in presentation, design development and layout enhancement. Competent at understanding the client’s requirements and grasping what needs to be done.
|• Web Designing||• Interaction Layout||• Motion Graphics|
|• Digital Imaging||• Concept Development||• Layout Enhancement|
|• Layout Review||• Photography||• Design Development|
|• Adobe Suite||• Quark Xpress||• Windows/Mac OSX|
• Secured a marketing graphic consultancy project worth $50K for the company through development of competitive layouts and digital plans and strong presentations of the same
• Devised various culture specific content for international campaigns with enhanced visual optimizations
• Independently developed layout and design for 15+ promotional websites for various clients
PHOTOCRAFT INC, Beaverton, OR | 3/2013 to Present
• Meet with clients, determine their needs and expectations and plan the project by actively participating in weekly brainstorm sessions
• Develop thematic graphic content for marketing purposes as per client requirements
• Generate computerized layouts using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to create aesthetically appealing visual content
• Take direction from managers and utilize design skills to create a vision
• Iterate, revise and produce final art product
• Collaborate with team and stakeholders to develop individual concepts
• Work in a non-linear and agile manner to create appealing designs
• Evangelize the current design industry trends and technologies
COMPASS GROUP, Beaverton, OR | 5/2010 to 2/2013
Assistant Graphic Designer
• Determined the size and arrangement of illustrative material for marketing purposes
• Developed logos, poster layouts and commercial content as instructed
• Expanded on alternative project layouts and forwarded the same for approval
• Designed images for web, tradeshows, events and social media
INSTITUTE OF ARTS, Beaverton, OR, 2010
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designing
AIGA American Institute of Graphic Arts – Beaverton, OR
ISGD International Society for Graphic Designers – Beaverton, OR
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
He is a self-motivated and independent individual who is committed to getting things done.
– Sara Peter, Manager, PhotoCraft Inc.
32 Example Street ♦ Atlanta, GA 43234
Contact # ♦ Email Address
Summary: Creative and hardworking professional with 2 years’ dedicated experience in graphic designing industry. Working knowledge of design principles, practices, and methods of digital art, production procedures, printing system, and industry terminologies.
• Thorough understanding of repeats in Photoshop as well as Illustrator
• Proven ability of predicting latest industry trends and able to translate them back into bottom line
• Extremely innovative individual: Able to produce extraordinary design and product innovation
• Good communicator: Able to understand design briefs
• Able to multi task to ensure customer requirements are met
|• Photoshop||• Illustrator||• InDesign|
|• Dreamweaver||• Quark Xpress||• Acid Pro|
• Achieved the Customer Satisfaction Award – May 2011
• Expanded the scope of traditional graphic designing at International Greetings USA by introducing new techniques
GRAPHIC DESIGNING EXPERIENCE
Graphic Designer | Feb 2011 – Present
International Greetings USA – Atlanta, GA
• Perform a wide variety of graphic design functions and tasks by means of applications from the Adobe suite such as Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
• Create, plan, prepare, design and generate a wide variety of visual materials
• Design solo and multi-page, solo and multi-color publication layouts
• Maintain an advanced trend review continually
Junior Graphic Designer | Jan 2010 – Feb 2011
Taylor Global, Inc. – New York, NY
• Assisted in creating the overall look of marketing campaigns
• Helped in developing general program concepts.
• Designed and produced exclusive PowerPoint presentations.
• Printed production of collateral to implement campaigns
• Coordinated with print vendors
B.S., Graphic Designing – 2009
City College of NY, New York, NY
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure
• Professional attitude
• Able to perform well under pressure
• Superb customer service skills
• Ability to listen and understand the requirements of customers quickly, diplomatically, and courteously