The position of a desktop publisher started out as that of a marketing individual but over the years it has become more administrative than anything else. Owing to the technology boom, many people working in almost all industries use the services of desktop publishing software to create visually appealing marketing pieces.
The use of computer software is of the utmost importance in desktop publishing. A desktop publisher will make use of computer graphics software to create designs for business cards, newsletters and even posters. They combine text, data and photographs for the eventuality of printing.
If you are interested in this position, the following resume will assist you with writing your own for a job application.
Desktop Publisher Resume Example
30 Damascus Road, Enterprise, AL 66444
(999) 923-9999, Email
Looking for a Desktop Publisher position at Envision utilizing visual skills in synchronization with relevant software in order to produce visually pleasing graphics.
• Seven years of functional experience working as a Desktop publisher
• Hands on experience in creating simple and complex documents using a variety of software
• In depth knowledge of developing presentations and advertising campaigns
• Highly skilled in developing page layouts and style sheets
• JAWS • Microsoft Project • Photoshop • Quark Express • InDesign • Adobe Illustrator • PowerPoint
• Achieved 100% success in developing an error free advertising campaign in record time
• Promoted from the position of test associate to desktop publisher within a year following excellence in providing design ideas
Indesign – Enterprise, AL
Desktop Publisher | May 2007 – Present
• Manage page layout, design, format and style
• Edit graphics and photos and incorporate text and graphs as and when needed
• Perform word processing duties for manuscripts, letters and proposals
• Prepare documents for printing keeping in mind departmental guidelines
• Participate in business proposal preparations
ABC Company – Enterprise, AL
Test Associate | April 2006 – May 2007
• Provided research for graphics and designs
• Covert file types for Internet publishing
• Determined color separations
• Positioned text and design elements in files in an appropriate manner
• Installed, maintained and upgraded desktop publishing software
Bachelor’s in Fine Arts – Alabama State University – 2005
Post Graduate Diploma in Desktop Publishing – Alabama State University – 2006
• Good understanding of Mac
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills