Dental Assistants work alongside professional dentists to provide them with chair-side as well as administrative support. Their job is to undertake all work within a dentist facility that will leave the dentist to work flawlessly and with absolute concentration.
Students, job seekers or career changers seeking an entry level dental assistant position will need to ensure that their resumes are attractive enough to be considered for this position.
Entry Level Dental Assistant Resume Tips
Start your resume with a strong and a targeted objective following with your major strengths. Mention your trainings, certifications and education as well as your internship or honorary experiences. Make partitions of the logically related sections of your resume to make it more attractive. You may also include relevant keywords in the skills section.
Below is an example of an entry level dental assistant resume having no prior experience. You can bring it into play effectively.
3345 Marion Street | Newport, RI 55343 | (000) 599-5005 | Email
OBJECTIVE: To work for Dental Aesthetics as a Dental Assistant utilizing knowledge of 4-6 hand dentistry and corresponding skills in administrative work to effectively support the clinic’s mission.
• Demonstrative ability to anticipate dentist’s needs and fulfill them appropriately
• Well versed in providing pre and post procedural instructions to patients
• Excellent knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
• Familiar with sterilization procedures and maintaining hygienic conditions at all times
• Adept at operating dental equipment and instruments
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Computer: MS Word, Excl Database, Dental Office Software
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dental Assistant Certificate | CITY DENTAL COLLEGE, Newport, RI – 2015
CPR, BLS and Dental X-ray – 2015
Diploma: ST PETER’S COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Newport, RI – 2014
Dental Intern | SAVA DENTAL, Newport, RI | May 2015 – Dec 2015
• Assisted Dentists and Registered Dental Assistants
• Prepared patients and equipment
• Provided assistance in preventive and prosthetic procedures
• Sterilized and organized dental equipment
• Maintained cleanliness of the office and dental area
• Assisted in developing and processing of dental radiographs
• Monitored radiation safety procedures and protocols
• Outstanding patient service skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and time management acumen
• Detail oriented with ability to multitask
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Member of the Spanish and French clubs
• Head of the student committee at school
• Junior ROTC
• Member of the church choir