Dental Assistants work with professional dentists to provide them with chair-side and administrative support. Their job is to perform all kinds of work within a dental facility that will help dentist concentrate on their work.
Students, job seekers or career changers seeking an entry level dental assistant position will need to ensure that their resumes are attractive enough to be considered for this position.
Entry Level Dental Assistant Resume Tips
Start your resume with a strong and a targeted objective following with your major strengths. Mention your trainings, certifications and education as well as your internship or honorary experiences. Make logical sections of your resume to make it more attractive. You should also include relevant keywords in the skills section.
Below is an example of an entry level dental assistant resume with no prior experience in hand.
3345 Marion Street | Newport, RI 55343 | (000) 599-5005 | Email
OBJECTIVE: To work for Dental Aesthetics as a Dental Assistant utilizing knowledge of 4-6 hand dentistry and corresponding skills in administrative work to effectively support the clinic’s mission.
• Demonstrative ability to anticipate dentist’s needs and fulfill them appropriately
• Well versed in providing pre and post procedural instructions to patients
• Excellent knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
• Familiar with sterilization procedures and maintaining hygienic conditions at all times
• Adept at operating dental equipment and instruments
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Computer: MS Word, Excl Database, Dental Office Software
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dental Assistant Certificate | CITY DENTAL COLLEGE, Newport, RI – 2015
CPR, BLS and Dental X-ray – 2015
Diploma: Community School, Newport, RI – 2014
Dental Intern | SAVA DENTAL, Newport, RI | May 2015 – Dec 2015
• Assisted Dentists and Registered Dental Assistants in all tasks
• Prepared patients and equipment
• Provided assistance in preventive and prosthetic procedures
• Sterilized and organized dental equipment
• Maintained cleanliness of the office and dental area
• Assisted in developing and processing of dental radiographs
• Monitored radiation safety procedures and protocols
• Outstanding patient service skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and time management acumen
• Detail oriented with ability to multitask
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Member of the Spanish and French clubs
• Head of the student committee at school
• Junior ROTC
• Member of the church choir