Effective resumes for dental technician position make the employers recognize that you are the solution they need. To gain the competitive edge over your close competitors you need to do something extra. That something extra is showcasing of relevant skills which the employers are really interested in.
Intelligent candidates take extra time to determine the exact needs of the prospective employer. Once the requirements have been ascertained the following steps become easy. All you need to do is to present yourself in favorable light by highlighting the exact skills they need. Keep in mind that an effective resume always have a confident tone with some numeric evidences.
Following are 2 dental technician resume samples for further guidance in this regard.
Related: Dental Technician Cover Letter
|Lewis Daniel|| 655 Matrix Ave • Sunnyvale, CA 54001
(008) 444 – 6666 • lewis @ email . com
Bringing strong expertise insetting, finishing, repairing and waxing teeth.
Performance Summary: Dexterous and skillful dental laboratory technician with a 10+ years’ experience in a comprehensive range of dental technology and services. Full command on prosthetic dental lab operations, equipment adjustment and dental X-Ray imaging. Expert in purposive dental tools development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Procedure Assistance||– Device Maintenance||– Tools Selection|
|– Equipment Repair||– Denture Prosthetics||– Apparatus Installation|
|– Bite Rims||– Relining||– Rebasing|
|– Tray-In Preparation||– Order Supply||– Inventory Maintenance|
ASPEN DENTAL, Sunnyvale, CA | 8/2009 to Present
• Designed and created a purpose built dental appliance based on the dentist’s requirements and specifications.
• Reduced annual equipment repair cost up till 50% by vigilant and proactive preventive maintenance of the equipment.
• Prepare fillings, mix plasters and pastes for taking impressions.
• Perform suction during procedure. Maintain the scaling, x ray and other dental equipment in working condition.
• Keep record of all treatments provided and repair dental appliances that are damaged or cracked
• Utilize waxes, alloys and polymers for dental appliance making.
PATTERSON COMPANIES, Sunnyvale, CA
Dental Lab Assistant, 8/2004 to 7/2009
• Enhanced x-ray quality up till 80% by formatting the machine software.
• Developed a functional alteration in the x-ray machine to enable x rays from customized angles.
• Adjusted and brought the x-ray equipment in position for x-ray imaging.
• Covered patients with lead apron in order to prepare for x-ray.
• Assisted in taking x-Rays of the patients and developed the films independently.
• Maintained the x-ray equipment in neat, hygienic and operational condition at all times.
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SUPPORTIVE MEDICINE, Sunnyvale, CA | 2004
A.S., Biomedical Technology
433 Worden Street | San Diego, CA 43434 | (000) 999-9999 | Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Dental Technician position with the Dental Solutions utilizing a solid background in managing dental impressions.
• 3 years’ progressive experience working as a Dental Technician
• Highly skilled in working with physical molds and dental impressions
• Hands on experience in molding dental fixtures following blue prints and impressions
• In depth knowledge of using hand tools for molding and shaping fixtures
• Devised and fixed a particularly complex dental fixture for a victim of a brutal road accident
• Awarded Technician of the Year by The National Dentists’ Association following excellence in work practices
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Aesthetically Dental – San Diego, CA
Dental Technician, Apr 2009 – Oct 2012
• Took impressions of patients’ mouth and teeth
• Molded fixtures such as crowns and bridges by following blueprints
• Created braces and metal veneers following measurements
• Polished and grind finished products
• Maintained hand tools used for each procedure
• Assisted with practical fitting of the fixtures
• Made any necessary changes
• Two years of experience working on PFM frames
• CAD/CAM designing of FGC
• Experience with EMAX full control
St. Mary’s Dental College – San Diego, CA – 2008
Bachelor of Science in Dental Health
• GPA: 3.5
• Dean’s List (2 Semesters)
• Excellent knowledge of dental terminology
• Ability to work with dental tools
• Outstanding communications skills
• Good knowledge of anterior contouring procedures