If you have been pitching the same resume in the job market again and again expecting a different result, there is little chance of your resume getting noticed now. In modern era, only targeted resumes work!
For every position you apply for, it is the best practice to edit your resume according to the requirements of employer. If you are seeking the job of a dental office receptionist, you need to craft your resume in a manner that your most relevant skills and capabilities get highlighted the most. In order to make it catchier, relate your previous experiences to the prospective employer needs.
Here is a sample for guidance.
2110 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144
Cellular: (000) 111-2222, Email: bloomfield.m @ email . com
DENTAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Bringing exceptional front desk skills to ensure delivery of quality services to patients while promoting dental facility’s image.
Summary: Dedicated and energized Dental Front Office Receptionist with 11-plus-year hands-on experience in managing front desk operations, dental records, treatment plans, appointment scheduling and follow-up. Profound ability to explain treatment plans to the clients. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in Spanish and English. Great knowledge of dental hygiene and basic ICT.
FRONT DESK SKILLS
• Customer Service
• Cash Handling
• Record keeping
• Follow-up on appointments
• Answering queries via phone and email
Dental Office Receptionist | Health Point, Renton, WA | Apr 2011 – Present
• Ensure the filling of feedback forms and prepare monthly report based on the same
• Facilitate senior dentists in workshops and seminars regarding awareness on dental hygiene
• Greet patients and families warmly and guide them to the waiting area
• Maintain the reception and waiting area in neat and clean order
• Keep record of each customer’s visits, follow-up and treatment plans
• Explain the plan of treatment to the customer when necessary
Dental Receptionist | Sava Healthcare, Renton, WA | May 2005 – Apr 2011
• Visited three schools with the team of dentists for the promotion of the clinic as part of dental awareness campaign
• Assisted the dentist during dental procedures and ensured the availability of prepared fillings and sterilized instruments for the dentist during procedure
• Answered queries of patients before and after dental procedure and on phone as well
• Recorded and received daily payments and prepared weekly bank deposits accordingly
• Sorted out daily mail
Seattle Central Community College | 2009
Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene, Seattle, WA
SVI, WA (Affiliated with American dental Association)
Dental Assistant Certificate | 2015