Dental Assistants perform a wide range of administrative and dental support tasks. They are responsible for greeting patients, keeping records, handing over instruments to dentists, sterilizing instruments and setting up dental procedures. They are required to possess valid dental assistance license along with an x-ray certification.
A cover letter for a Dental Assistant Resume is your opportunity to make a strong impression on a hiring manager. This letter should be written in a way that sets you apart from other applicants. It should also highlight your relevant qualifications, expertise, and talents to perform chair-side duties effectively.
See also: Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
392 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 53231
(000) 333-9874, helen @ email . com
January 21, 2016
Mr. Adam Carlos
Manager Human Resources
546 Sugarloaf Parkway
Atlanta, GA 78777
Dear Mr. Carlos:
As an enthusiastic, proactive and ambitious individual, I would like to be considered for the position of Dental Assistant at the Aspen Dental. My Dental Assistance and X-ray certifications coupled with 2 years’ dental assisting experience make me a good contender for this position. I am eager to leverage my expertise to contribute to Aspen Dental.
I have a successful track record of performing the chair-side duties in the most effective way:
● Adept at assisting dentist during treatment procedures
● Special talent for taking, developing and mounting dental radiographs
● Proficient in infection control practices, sterilizing instruments and equipment
● Particularly effective in providing patients with instructions for dental care and appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain dental health
● Demonstrated ability to perform clerical and front desk tasks
The enclosed resume summarizes my qualifications and accomplishments. Because dental skills are best verified in person, I would like to meet with you in-person. I will call your office after 7 days to set up an interview date. If you need any additional information in the interim, please feel free to contact me on my cell phone at (000) 333-9874 or via email at helen @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.