Entry level resumes are the most difficult to write as candidates often have trouble sounding coherent and their nervousness sometimes appears on resume. If you are aware of the nature of job that you are applying for, there is no need to be nervous. If you are applying for a position in customer services, it might pose a problem if you do not write what is expected from you.
Consider the position of a customer service representative applying for a first job. What can he bank on to make his resume look professional and appealing? Much! If you are applying for this position, we take it for granted that you have some degree that backs you up. You must build on what you know from your books or possibly from an internship that you may have done during the course of your degree. Highlight qualifications such as understanding of providing customized services, ability to manage conflicts or knowledge of follow up techniques.
The following resume sample will help you apply for an entry level customer service job.
Entry Level Customer Service Resume Sample
210 Columbia Street ● Houston, TX 89200 ● (999) 999-9999 ● Email
Energetic, adaptive and fast learner with a keen determination to work in an environment that caters to total customer satisfaction. Offer three years’ business studies and internship experience in customer service. Strong communication skills with a keen eye for detail. Excellent knowledge of soliciting business from new and existing customers. Weel-versed in managing conflicts and complaints in accordance to the company’s policies and protocols.
Houston College of Business Administration, Houston, TX
Bachelors in Business Education
Minors: Customer Care
– Won a full scholarship for a business course at the Texas State University
– Winner of the WWF Spelling Bee
– Top of the Dean’s Honor Roll in 2010, 2011 and 2012
– Won the Quiz Bowl academic competition held in December 2011
– President of the university business club
Barney’s, Houston, TX – May 2012 – July 2012
Customer Care Intern
– Greeted customers as they arrived
– Assisted customers with product location and information
– Managed window displays as instructed
– Took customer feedback on comment cards
– Stocked shelves with products as instructed
– Took customer complaints and forwarded them to the appropriate manager
– Managed inventory and stock supplies
– Savvy with computers and technology
– Detail oriented and highly organized
– Able to work well with minimum supervision
– Effective conflict resolution skills