There are a number of jobs you can work at in a bookstore. You can be a bookstore assistant, a cashier or a manager depending on your interest and position availability. Managing a bookshop at the position of a manager or an assistant requires a person to be very well organized.
The following resume is a well written sample that will assist you in writing your own when applying for a position as a bookstore team member.
499 Mead Tri, Loxley, AL 77777
(941) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a bookstore team member position with ABC BookShop applying exceptional organizational skills and love of literature to assist in running the operations of bookstore in a smooth manner.
• Proven record of assisting customers with purchasing books and other bookshop merchandise
• In depth knowledge of checking incoming shipments against orders and invoices in order to manage reconciliation processes
• Highly experienced in assisting with bibliographical searches and orders
• Hands on experience of balancing cash registers and managing light bookkeeping
• Organization • Attention to detail • Physical Strength • Basic Mathematics • Accounting • Communication • Customer Service
• Reorganized the book inventory system by employing automated functions and bringing retrieval time down to three days
• Awarded Employee of the Year following excellence in customer service provision and customer feedback in 2008
Books R US – Loxley, AL | Jan 2007 – Dec 2012
• Greeted and assisted customers with locating books
• Provided recommendation on popular titles and reading materials
• Operated cash register to finalize sales by accepting cash in exchange of books sold
• Managed and straightened book displays in the windows
• Assisted bookstore staff with inventory
• Received and priced books as instructed
• Verified and balanced cash transactions at the beginning and end of each shifty
• Performed data entry duties as required
SOME SCHOOL, Loxley, AL – 2006
High School Diploma