If you fully understand the purpose of a cover letter, chances are that you will be able to write an effective cover letter to go with your resume for electrician position. A cover letter basically relates the candidate’s competencies with the employer demands. This means you need a customized cover letter for each electrician position you apply at. Here are general rules and guidelines to keep in mind while drafting your cover letter:
Electrician Cover Letter Guidelines
• The basic rule of thumb is relevance: Make sure your cover letter contains only relevant information, no unnecessary stories please.
• Address the company’s values and needs: Tell them how what you skills and relevant experiences (if any) can be beneficial to them. Showcase the value you’d be bringing to the firm as a whole.
• Show initiative and interest: Let them know how serious you are about the position.
• Break the letter’s content into short 3 to 4 paragraph on a single page; it will make it easier to read.
Remember: Never send your job application/resume without a cover letter.
Related: Electrician Resume Sample
556 Olympic Avenue ~ Cumberland, MD 56001
☏ (003) 222-1111 ✉ james @ email . com
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Mr. Kevin Myers
65 Serene Boulevards
Cumberland, MD 56001
Dear Mr. Myers:
With innate electrical troubleshooting ability and demonstrated skills in comprehending electrical circuits and blueprints, I am writing to apply for a Journeyman/Electrician position at Textron Inc.
Qualifications I bring to your company include:
• Experienced in planning and implementing wiring layouts, equipment and fixtures placements.
• Expert in maintenance of low voltage processes involving single and multiphase wiring.
• Substantial knowledge of safe electrical practices and electric safety codes.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctioning systems and appliances.
• Thorough understanding of instructions that come with installation manuals of various electronic devices.
In your job description, you specifically demanded for familiarity with applications and provisions of the National Electric Code. My 4+ years of experience at the ABC Company has rendered me an expert in the field. I have a special talent for selecting and installing a diverse range of electrical devises in conformity with the NEC guidelines.
My enclosed resume further elaborates my strengths and career achievements. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the possible merging of my talent and expertise with your Electrician needs. Should any questions arise regarding my qualifications, please do not hesitate to contact me.
899 Pine Cliff Tarn
Acworth, GA 77773
☎ (300) 333-3333
armand.cole @ email . com
January 8, 2015
Mr. Andrew Gilbert
Manager Human Resources
6 Greenland Drive
Acworth, GA 47474
Dear Mr. Gilbert:
I came across your advertisement for the position of an Electrician at Pillar Innovations and sending my resume for your consideration. I am an MSHA certified electrician with almost a decade of work experience in both maintenance and construction service provision.
I am a strong candidate for this job because I am well versed in installing, inspecting, and repairing wires. Moreover, I have hands-on experience in maintaining a variety of electrical systems and equipment including lighting fixtures, switches, main electric panel boxes, receptacles, conduit or metal flex, and the like.
During the years of my service, I have acquired thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and my familiarity with high voltage terminations and electrical schematics is quite up to date. With a strong believe in preventive maintenance, I would be able to ensure accident prevention and provide safe electrical solutions to my clients.
This opportunity excites me tremendously because I possess the right skillset to contribute to your bottom line. I am passionate about meeting with to discuss my qualifications in detail. I intend to contact your office after one ween to set up an appointment. You may also contact me at (300) 333-3333 if you need any further information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.