Volunteer Coordinators usually work in hospital settings. Their job is to develop and implement programs for recruitment, training and retention of volunteers. They ensure that all programs are run in a time efficient manner and that all participants are screened appropriately before they are brought on board. Additionally, a volunteer coordinator’s work responsibilities include compiling data for program utilization reports, evaluating programs for effectiveness and recommending changes in existing programs.
Since this position requires a candidate to be vigilant and possess the capability of evaluating volunteers effectively, volunteer coordinators need to be absolutely specific when talking about their personal attributes and skills. This is especially true when writing an objective statement for a resume. If you are on this page looking for workable resume objectives, you may want to have a look at the following sample statements:
• Looking for a position as a Volunteer Coordinator for Advent Hospital utilizing advanced training and exceptional communication skills to train volunteers in the most effective way.
• Seeking a position as a Volunteer Coordinator at American Red Cross utilizing skills in coordinating volunteers to add credit to the hospital’s volunteer programs.
• To obtain a Volunteer Coordinator position at Calgary Hospice. Bringing credibility to the hospice’s work by using my 5-plus-year experience in coordinating efforts to generate appropriate volunteering opportunities.
• Desire a position as a Volunteer Coordinator at Ascent Healthcare. Offering experience in leadership role, strong communication skills and community service experience to manage volunteer programs at the facility.
• A highly energized individual with profound abilities to fulfill community service commitment looking for a position as a Volunteer Coordinator at Jumpstart.