A patient coordinator greets and establishes primary contact with patients. S(he) verifies and updates patient demographics and confirms that patients have proper insurance for physician they are seeing. They also manage and monitor assigned physician’s practice and timetable. They serve as a link between the patient and physician.
A well written resume is a necessary part of your job application for patient coordinator position. There is no one exact or best format for writing a resume. Just remember that potential employers seek certain qualities and skills in applicant, so pick the format that will logically communicate your enthusiasm and relevant talents.
The following resume template will help you build or update your resume. Feel free to tailor this sample as per job description provided by employer.
See also: Patient Coordinator Cover Letter
321 Example North Street ● Westerly, RI 32147
Residence: (000) 696-6666 ● Cellular: (001) 000-9696 ● Email: jane.smith @ email . com
Efficient and dependable individual with 2 years’ extensive experience in coordinating patient care activities. Highly skilled in monitoring physician’s orders and scheduling patient appointments. Thorough understanding of chart documentation in the Electronic Medical Record and Lotus Notes.
• Hands-on experience in answering doctor’s hotline and process scheduling line
• Proven record of monitoring patient lab databases
• Principles of compassionate care
• Gastrointestinal system
• EMR • Lotus Notes • MS Word and Excel
• Utilized effective coordination skills which reduced patients’ complaints by 30%
• Resolved queries of aggressive patients politely
Westerly Hospital – Westerly, RI | Jan 2012 – Present
Patient Care Coordinator
• Answer phones, register and verify appointments
• Update patients’ records, insurance and demographics information in the system
• Communicate with suitable staff about patient’s arrival
• Verify and accept patient’s insurance
• Evaluate status of waiting room on a scheduled basis
• Make sure that patients are kept advised of wait times
• Ensure that patient’s medical record is accessible for physician
Education & Certification
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – 2010
High School Diploma – 2009
• Effective verbal and in written communication skills
• Problem Solving • Detail oriented • Multitasking
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment