As you build your resume for event coordinator position, keep in mind that its purpose is to inspire the employer and get an interview. You can grab the hiring manager’s attention by showcasing your relevant expertise, qualifications, skills, experience and personal attributes that you have developed through your professional life, education and work experiences.
Events Coordinator Resume Formats:
Get to know the three standard resume formats for event coordinator position to decide which one will work best for your job hunt.
Chronological: Suitable for event coordinators who possess relevant experiences with fewer gaps in professional life.
Functional: It is a skilled based format which emphasizes on relevant skills and attributes. Suitable for entry level candidates, students, career changers or people who have wide gaps in employment.
Combination: It is combination of Chronological and Functional format. It basically emphasize on relevant experiences as well as expertise.
Here is an example of a well written Event Coordinator resume that you can customize to make your own.
Related: Event Coordinator Cover Letter
Event Coordinator Resume Template
|27 Example Ave ♦ Los Angeles, CA 96647|
000.222.3333 ♦ quintin @ email . com
❖❖ EVENT COORDINATOR ❖❖
Reliably managing successful multi-level events through feasible vendor contracts and exceptional administrative work.
Dedicated, highly-motivated professional with over 6 years’ experience in coordination and planning of large and small events. Solid track record of setting-up and executing events and functions within assigned budget. Track record of managing dozens of successful events. Demonstrated ability to negotiate and secure contracts by effective communication with stakeholders. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|● Event Marketing||● Venue Selection||● Ordering Supplies|
|● F&B Arrangement||● Vender Negotiation||● Decoration|
|● Information Gathering||● Script Development||● Travel Arrangement|
|● Procurement||● Event Safety||● Reports Preparation|
|ABC Entertainment – Los Angeles, CA||Mar 2008 – May 2012|
• Planned and executed tailor made events for individual and corporate clients
• Ensured availability of all material and man power is available for any events in progress
• Advised clients on setup options
• Provided clients with estimates on cost of events
• Maintained liaison with caterers and managers
• Introduced a marketing campaign that brought in many corporate customers
• Best Event Planner of the month – May 2010
|Garrison Institute – Garrison, NY||Jun 2006 – Mar 2008|
• Represented company on the telephone and at events
• Met, greeted and directed guests
• Set-up table, linen and decorations
• Designed, created, distributed and removed event signage
• Timely collected, maintained and delivered event and equipment materials which resulted a decrease in customer complaints from 20 to less than five complaints per month
• Entered event information through scheduling database that greatly enhanced efficiency
TRINITY UNIVERSITY – Los Angeles, CA, 2002
M.B.A. Hotel Management
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint ● Social Media Interaction