According to resume experts, employers typically spend a maximum of 20 seconds on every resume they come across. In these 20 seconds, they decide whether an applicant id eligible or not.
Therefore, in order to get noticed in this short span of time, your second cook resume must definitely be a stand out from the rest of crowd.
Look at the following sample of resume for a second cook to get started.
See also: Second Cook Cover Letter Sample
333 Example Street, Edmonton AB S9R 6E9
(999) 999-9999, john @ email . com
PROFILE: Highly skilled culinary professional with a proven track record of preparing healthy, nutritious meals in keeping with the employer’s protocols. Demonstrated ability to ensure quality control to all food production. Special talent for supervising sanitation of kitchen in compliance with the federal and state standards.
June 2007- Dec 2010
Bayfront Convention Center, Atlantic City NJ
• Prepared and presented pastry items for service
• Upheld food standards through use of consistent food recipes and safe food treatment practices
• Maintained food cost through the minimization of food wastage
• Help the Pastry Chef in all additional duties as assigned
• Management of plate ups for food items
Jan 2007 – Jun 2007
East Harbour Restaurant, Atlantic City NJ
• Prepared food as specified by the Chefs
• Tasted and assessed foodstuff previous to serving to make sure that standards are met; consults with the Chef if there are some concerns
• Read and followed all recipes
• Segment food as asked by the Chefs
• Decorated food in an attractive manner
• Worked to standards set by Chefs
• Operated all kitchen equipment carefully and properly
• Followed production sheets precisely
• Served food that is not dangerous to eat. Follows facility and Chefs safe food treatment guidelines
• Cleaned and sanitized work area in keeping with cleaning schedule
• Capable to work in both hot and cold environments
• Hold on to Hotels & Resorts grooming policy
• Able to lift up to 55 pounds
• Capable of standing for long periods of time (for up to 8 hours)
High School Diploma – 2006