A resume for a Line Cook position is a great marketing tool that sells YOU! This document draws attention towards your relevant qualifications, experience and expertise and summarizes how your skills and capabilities can contribute to the success of employer. The purpose of building a line cook resume is to get a job interview. In fact, it is a screening tool for employers to short-list the most skilled candidates.
Line Cook Job Overview
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation and serving of food items. S/he is also accountable for for creating an exceptional culinary experience for guests. A line cook reports to Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager.
For your ease, we have designed a professional resume for Line Cook position. Take this example as a standard to make your own, include an attractive line cook cover letter, and send your perfect job application.
Line Cook Resume Sample
659 West Street, Atlantic City, NJ 65444
[Contact #], [Email Address]
A competent Line Cook with extensive experience in cooking enthusiastic to get the position at a restaurant utilizing extensive cooking and culinary skills to deliver an utmost guest experience through the best combination of food and drinks in a fun environment.
• Documented success during 3 years of progressive culinary experience and responsibility
• Highly skilled in preparation of diverse food items
• Knowledge of safety, cleanliness and safe food handling measures
• Well-versed in using and maintaining all equipment in station correctly
• Proven record of service excellence
• Superb knowledge of food and beverage industry
ABC Restaurant – Atlantic City, NJ Jan 2012 – Present
• Prepare all food items in a hygienic and timely manner
• Set up location in line with restaurant guidelines
• Clean and maintain service station
• Assist with the cleaning, hygiene, and organization of kitchen, barge in coolers, and all storage areas
• Follow recipes, piece controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant management
• Restock all items as required throughout shift
• Perform extra responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
Management & Training Corporation – New York, NY Jun 2010 – Jan 2012
• Prepared simple foods and salads
• Panned different meats and assisted on serving lines
• Stored food items
• Took and replenished raw food to serving lines
• Prepated food service records and production sheets
• Maintained highest level of cleanliness and sanitation
New York City College – New York, NY
Associate in Culinary Arts – 2011
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to take direction
• Able to work efficiently in a team environment
• Ability to work peacefully and efficiently under pressure
• Capable of speaking, reading and understanding basic cooking directions.
• Stand 100% during duty time.
• Bear environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
• Carry up to 50 pounds of weight
Note: Make necessary amendments in this Line Cook Sample Resume in accordance with the job requirements and your skills