A resume for Construction Estimator position is your first formal introduction to the prospective employer; first impressions are formed on basis of resumes that employer’s view.
Candidates naturally put great efforts to ensure that this first impression is a highly positive and lasting one in order to help their credentials stand out from the lot of applicants.
Resumes for construction estimator position must reflect the image as an analytical, organized and learned candidate, having good mathematical skills, knowledge of cost estimation as per state policies and ability to evaluate construction plans.
To build such type of resume, it is advisable to review the following sample.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample
311 Derek Drive | Stone Creek, OH 43849 | (222)503-5003 | r.smilth @ email . com
Dependable and self motivated professional with 6+ years’ progressively responsible experience in the construction estimation field. Accurately identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, construction plans, and associated documents. Thorough understanding of fundamental construction principles.
• Well versed in obtaining bids from suppliers and negotiating prices
• Highly skilled in calculating cost factors and prepares estimates
• Adept at conducting individual studies to develop and establish related cost data
• Familiar with state issued construction and costing principles and policies
• In depth knowledge of foundation and structural systems involving various materials
• Proficient in MS Office and cost estimation software including MC 2
ALG Manufacturers, Ashville, OH | Apr 2011 – Sep 2013
• Managed estimation and construction of multiple projects including schools, private villas and commercial plazas
• Studied analyzed and revised designs received from other departments and performed cost analysis on each of the designs
• Ensured cost effectiveness of the project while allowing high quality construction
• Dealt with local contractors and construction officials representing the government regarding procurement of goods, design approval and construction authorization
• Supervised a team of employees and ensured implementation of the constructional plan
• Conducted site visits; provided informed advice and recommendations to the company regarding site viability
• Formulated bids and attended bidding activities
Junior Project Manager
Turner Construction Company, Denver, CO | May 2007- Dec 2010
• Devised the budget plan for the whole project based on prevailing and forecasted material costs and other applicable factors
• Coordinated with sub contractors and construction business officials when needed
• Updated and maintained the contractor bid lists for securing beneficial bids
• Ensured flow of project implementation and documented all necessary estimations for the project
• Supervised and mentored a staff of 20 plus employees involved in the project
• Edited and revised final bids for submission
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management | 2006
Ohio State University, Columbus OH