Computers are an essential part of any organization. With so much depending on computers, the need for computer operators has increased over the last decade. Computer operators are required to operate and manage computers and peripheral devices such as printers and scanners. They are hired by a huge number of companies in order for them to be able to handle their specific technology duties.
Computer operators perform many duties including entering data, assisting with troubleshooting activities, installing hardware and software and maintaining company data. They maintain operating systems, catalogue levels of system efficiency and security and maintain logbooks. To work as a computer operator, you do not need more than a high school diploma or a GED. However, advanced technical skills are a prerequisite for this position. Many institutes provide formal training in computer sciences and people who have obtained this training are usually preferred for this position.
Since computer operators perform many troubleshooting activities, they are often called upon by staff members to help them with computer problems. In some work settings, computer operators may also be expected to lay networks and assist users with troubleshooting their problems over the telephone.
If you are in the process of preparing a CV for the position of a computer operator, you should see the following objectives that will give you an idea on how to write your own.
Sample Objectives for Computer Operator CV
• Looking for a position as a Computer Operator with Core Technologies using excellent technical knowledge to provide excellence in managing computer systems for the company
• Looking for a Computer Operator position at the University of Alaska. Offering exceptional knowledge of working on Linux as well as Windows along with deep understanding of carrying out peripherals management and troubleshooting activities
• Seeking a position as a Computer Operator with CVPH where I can use my knowledge of performing back-ups and word-processing experience in order to provide technological value to the company
• Desire a Computer Operator position with Jack Henry and Associates. Offering expertise in monitoring consoles and online systems in order to engender efficiency and technology standards
• To obtain a position as a Computer Operator at Mount Auburn Hospital by employing expert insight into managing hospital computer systems, testing equipment and peripherals in conjunction with technology
• To work for Koch as a Computer Operator where a strong background in handling troubleshooting procedures and providing technical support to users can be utilized to engender smooth technical operations