Medical coders work in the healthcare industry where they are responsible for coding specific codes in a system in order to manage a healthcare professional’s payments. In fact, they are the most important pillar of the medical billing process. People who work in this arena are trained in the trade specifically but do no necessarily need to be formally trained in medicine.
If you are a skilled or certified medical coder but do not have any hands-on experience yet, the following resume example will assist you in writing your very own.
537 Warrington Street • Providence, RI 28399 • (123) 999-9999 • diana @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain employment as a Medical Coder with the Metropolitan Business Solutions utilizing relevant training and great attention to detail to assist the outsourced medical facilities with their coding needs.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) – AAPC Classroom
• Certified Professional Coder – Payer (CPC-P) – AAPC Online
• Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) – AAPC Online
• Highly skilled in abstracting information and assigning codes to describe each documented analysis
• Thorough understanding of anatomy, biology, pharmacology and disease management
• Strong familiarity with coding related to medicine, surgery, radiology and pathology
• Working knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by AMA
• Demonstrated ability to liaise insurance companies regarding questions about claims
• Well versed in using computers including MS Word, Excel, Internet and Email
|● CPT®||● Code Assignment ICD-9-CM||● Coding Guidelines|
|● Medical Terminology||● Payment Methodologies||● HIPPA Compliance|
|● Anatomy||● Surgery and Modifiers||● HCPCS Level II|
High School Diploma, COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Providence, RI – 2012
• Worked as a medical assisted at Core MedTech on a voluntary basis for five months in 2011
• Meticulous with paperwork and proofreading
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to comprehend common coding procedures
• Typing Speed: 60 WPM
• Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Social Media