Professionals working in the medical billing and coding world have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders. Striving to remember which code goes with what category is not everyone’s ball game and people hired for this job are usually required to possess some medical knowledge as all the work in related to this field particularly.
Medical billers and coders are required to review doctors’ orders regarding a particular patient, obtain necessary information clarification, assign relevant medical codes to diagnosis and services and eventually punch them all in management software. The provision of mistakes is zero hence the need for accuracy is immense.
Medical billing agents are responsible for assigning codes to billable activities that take place in the concerned facility. They are then required to translate codes into insurance companies’ relevant coding systems. They are also responsible for preparing claims and following up with payments.
People applying in medical billing and coding disciplines will need to specify their relevant skills in a resume. Since a resume objective is the most widely read single section in a resume, these skills need to depict in it clearly. Let us look at a few examples:
Medical Billing and Coding Resume Objective Examples
• Analytical and precise individual looking for a position as a Medical Coder with MBS utilizing profound knowledge of medical terminology with an acute understanding of CPT and ICD9 coding
• Seeking a position of medical Coder with Coral Solutions utilizing skills in HCPCS and insurance carrier knowledge to add to the professional image of the company
• To work as a Medical Coder with Metro Solutions utilizing solid background of medical and anatomical terminology along with excellence in DRGs and optimization techniques
• To work for Codex as a Medical Coder making the most of experience and knowledge of CPT-4 coding and medical records auditing to increase the overall efficiency of billing department
• A Medical Coder position with Family Healthcare. Offering current certification in modern coding procedures with a strong background in A/R functions