The job of a CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant is one with a high degree of responsibility because you’ll be taking care of a person who is medically unfit to take care of themselves. You will perform your duties under the supervision of a registered nurse. You will be helping people take care of their personal needs, which include grooming, but specially cleaning and personal hygiene. You will need to know how to give injections, take blood pressure, and get samples for the laboratory. You will have to maintain your patient’s records.
You will need a good sense of timing, and be able to handle emergencies. You will also need to be empathetic and compassionate, and have lots of patience. There may be times when you’ll have to work beyond typical 5 pm, so you will need to be prepared.
When applying for CNA job, you need a well-written resume focused on your special skills and capabilities. Following are some sample statements of special skills for a Certified Nursing Assistant Resume. You may use these phrase either in qualifications or skills section of your resume.
• Highly skilled in cleaning and bathing patients/residents
• Very quick in answering call signals
• Proven ability to listen to and document patients’ health concerns and report that information to registered nurse
• Thorough understanding of measuring patients’ vitals, including temperature and blood pressure
• Comprehensive knowledge of collecting specimens and transfer them to lab immediately
• Demonstrated ability to assist patients use the toilet and dress
• Hands-on experience in turning, moving, and transporting patients between beds and wheelchairs
• Adept at making beds and maintaining patients’ rooms
• Able to maintain inventory of supplies
• Special talent for observing and monitoring patients’ status and documenting patient care on charts
• Ability to serve meals and assist patients in eating