While writing a resume for the position of Certified Nursing Assistant, remember that you are writing it for the reader, and show the qualifications, skills and abilities relevant to your work experience from the recruiter’s perspective. What transferable skills and abilities are key in Certified Nursing Assistant resume? Identify those skills, such as; taking temperature, pulses and respirations, blood pressures and the like. Each statement in your skills and abilities should relate to a known skill requirement for the Certified Nursing Assistant job.
Don’t go for generic skills and abilities for your resume even if you have no prior experience in this field (CNA Resume no experience). Be specific to your profession and highlight the skills which are relevant to your profession.
Following are some skills and qualifications statements for a Certified Nursing Assistants beginning with action verbs. Very effective for experienced as well as new grad entry level CNA’a having no experience.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities for Certified Nursing Assistant Resume
• In-depth knowledge of taking vital signs including temperature, blood pressure, pulses and respiration
• Highly skilled in utilizing restorative measures in resident and patient care
• Proven record of collecting accurate specimen
• Able to give compassionate care to clients and residents
• Thorough understanding of ensuring the personal hygiene of residents
• Profound ability to provide patients with oral care, hair care and nail care
• Substantial knowledge of assisting residents to ambulate
• Outstanding organizational abilities demonstrated through caregiving positions
• Knowledge of bathing, dressing and feeding of residents
• Capable of managing bowel and bladder and recording results