Entry level applicants applying for Certified Nursing Assistant position often find it challenging to build an effective resume. The truth is; if you go about the process systematically it’s not that big a deal.
Entry Level CNA Resume Tips
♦ Start by analyzing your skills. Think about the competencies you possess that can readily come in handy as a CNA.
♦ Write an employer-centered and summary-like objective for your resume that truly reflects your value and specifically states the position being sought.
♦ Communicate your job relevant qualifications/strengths using strong and short bullet points.
♦ Use very simple English and make sure you are not duplicating any information.
♦ If you have any relevant certifications, make sure you highlight them.
The sample CNA resumes given below focuse on main elements of candidate that the employer is looking for. Use these samples as templates to create your outstanding resume for this job. Portray your qualifications, specific skills, certifications and internship experience with the help of this sample. Also see this CNA Cover Letter (No Experience) in order to make a perfect job application.
|333 Example Street|
Houston, TX 36999
|Cellular: (999) 999-9999|
Email: sara @ email . com
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Strong passion for helping others.
Fresh and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant seeking a position with ABC Healthcare utilizing exceptional individualized care skills while providing quality healthcare to patients.
• Over 6 months’ of working experience as a nursing assistant extern
• Familiar with medical terminology and disease control standards
• Hands-on experience in taking vitals and managing injections and medications
• Able to maintain neat and arranged patient room
• Adept at providing assistance to residents in activities of daily living including feeding and bathing
• Proven ability to report and record incidents
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
TEXAS BOARD OF NURSE REGISTRY, 2014
Nursing Assistant Certification
WAKE TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Austin, TX, 2013
Nurse Aide Program – 60 Hours
• Patient Care Theory • Skills Lab • Long-Term Care • CPR • Acute Care Clinical
Dec 2013 – Present
Mount Loreto Nursing Home – Houston, TX
Nursing Aide Extern
• Provide nursing care under the supervision of RN in line with resident care policies and procedures
• Maintain homelike setting for the residents
• Protect and support resident rights and assist the individuals to maintain independence
• Obtain samples, weights, and vital signs of patients
• Manage injections and medicinal intake
• Provide assistance to residents in bathing and feeding
• Report to the RN and doctors regarding the status of patient
• Maintain a neat and clean ward environment
RELEVANT SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Proven record of maintaining general precautions
• Excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills
• Able to utilize body mechanics in effective manner
45 Yardley Lane • Foster, RI 56220 • (008) 333-4444 • gina @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Compassionate, dependable professional seeking a position as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the National Church Residence. Strong desire to assist the elderly and physically challenged individuals and enable them living dignified lives. Proven expertise in daily living assistance, medicine administration and basic nursing activities.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with patients
• Highly proficient in changing linens, providing personal care and assisting residents in transportation
• Able to comply with clients’ confidentiality and privacy standards
• Vigilant professional with effective progress monitoring skills
• Adept at obtaining specimens for lab testing and monitoring vital signs
• Substantial knowledge of medical terminology and infection control procedures
• Proficient in providing nutritional assistance to clients including serving and feeding
ABC COLLEGE, Foster, RI | 2012
Associate of Science in Nursing Assistance
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF NURSING, Foster, RI | 2014
Certificate in Nursing Assistance
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, Foster, RI | 2013
CPR and First Aid
RED CROSS ASSISTED LIVING CENTRE FOR ELDERLY, Foster, RI | Summer 2014
• Provided personal care to clients and assisted in hygiene maintenance
• Administered oral and IV medications to clients regularly
• Fostered a safe and healthy living environment for clients
• Assisted in cooking, serving and feeding of meals
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to take and understand instructions
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Load lifting ability: 50 lbs