Certified nursing assistants work at hospitals and assisted living facilities. A major part of their work involves looking after patients and helping them recuperate. Working as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) is not without its challenges. There is so much to do and every task of CNA needs much precision; after all there is human health and life involved.
CNA Job Scope
Certified nursing assistants are precious fragment of any healthcare facility as they handle many major tasks related to patients’ health. These jobs many range from simple grooming and bathing duties to complex medication administering tasks. CNAs spend a huge time in taking and recording patients’ vitals and collecting specimens. They also maintain records of patients and the treatments provided to them. Working as a CNA does not only require nursing training; one has to be tolerant of nature because many times one has to deal with agitated patients.
Technically, a certified nursing assistant is responsible for handling a patient from the time he or she is admitted to the facility to the time he or she is released. There are many facets to a CNA’s work and every CNA has different experiences that they learn their trade from.
CNAs who are interested in applying for this position may want to make their resume profiles or summaries suggestive of their experiences and skills. This is how they can do this!
Profile/Summary Examples for CNA Resume
• Highly-motivated, compassionate nursing professional with a knack of providing positive bedside patient care services. Track record of providing residents and clients with assistance in activities of daily living. Tenacious and resourceful individual who has a positive attitude aimed at creating an atmosphere of positivity in a healthcare environment.
• Responsible Certified Nursing Assistant with 2+ years’ experience in ER, immediate care and triage units. Genuine desire to work towards achieving individual patient’s health targets. Calm, focused and attentive to specific needs of patients in a healthcare facility. Flexible work schedule.
• Dependable and hard-working Certified Nursing Assistant with 6 years’ solid background in assisting residents with personal hygiene activities. Demonstrated ability to answer residents’ calls promptly. Special talent for observing and reporting changes in patients’ condition. Track record of working efficiently in busy and fast paced healthcare facilities. Able to effectively educate patients and families.
• Self-directed, resourceful Certified Nursing Assistant with a verifiable track record of delivering the most remarkable patient care in every dimension. Highly experienced in providing direct and indirect patient care in accordance to laid-down care plans. Strong passion for creating an environment conducive to patient care and positivity.
• Nurturing, patient-focused Certified Nursing Assistant with extensive experience in providing direct/indirect patient care services aimed at ensuring adherence to individualized healthcare plans. Effective interpersonal skills to interact with patients/families and communicate their concerns to RNs.