Resumes for Certified Nursing Assistant position may be written in a number of formats including CNA skills resume, general or chronological, functional, federal, and targeted. In spite of the format/layout or template you prefer, it is important to keep in mind that the major aim of your resume is to obtain an interview.
CNA Resume Tips
1. Your resume for CNA position represent your overall personality and professionalism. It should contain bullet phrases of your qualifications, expertise, skills and relevant experiences that makes you an ideal candidate for Certified Nursing Assistant job.
2. Keep it simple, to-the-point and reader-friendly so that the hiring manager locate the required information easily.
3. Include relevant keywords to become successful in computerized shortlisting.
The following resume samples for Certified Nursing Assistant position will assist you making an excellent resume. You may also use this CNA Cover Letter to strengthen your job application set.
Sharlene Peter, CNA
|(000) 999-9876||14 Jeff Ave, Detroit, MI 65221||sharlene @ email . com|
❖❖ CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT ❖❖
Personable and highly-energetic nursing professional with 5+ years’ extensive experience in ER, sub-acute, shock/trauma and triage units. Demonstrated ability to communicate patient’s needs to the respective team. Eager to work in high-load environment and achieve the highest level of patients’ satisfaction. Proven success in dealing with patients and families from different backgrounds. Able to work in rotating shifts. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|☑ Vital Signs||☑ Feeding||☑ Grooming|
|☑ Bathing/Dressing||☑ Toileting||☑ Nail/Hair Care|
|☑ Hygiene Standards||☑ Testing Assistance||☑ Medication Support|
|☑ Safety and Monitoring||☑ HIPAA Regulations||☑ EMR|
|☑ Medication Risks||☑ Healthcare Software||☑ Medical Terminology|
• Take patients’ vital signs
• Provide residents with personal-care services including medication and toileting support
• Maintain patients’ records and files as per the facility’s standard operating procedures
• Turn and change beds
• Insert and empty catheter bags
• Feed and bath residents
✔ Achieved 100% targets of resident care plans in 2012
✔ Designed new strategies and timetable of duties which resulted a 40% increase in overall efficiency of facility
✔ Reorganized OB/GYN department which improved patient’s positive feedback by 50%
• Assisted licensed nursing staff in providing direct patient care
• Helped in the environmental preservation of the nursing unit
• Cleaned and bathed patients
✔ Highly praised for effective teamwork and constant delivery of exceptional care to residents
✔ Trained 10 new nursing aides
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Nurse’s Aide Program | CITY NURSING COLLEGE, Detroit, MI, 2006
♦ Completed 80 hours of extensive clinical training
Certified Nursing Assistant, Miami, 2010
First Aid and CPR, 2011
ABCX and BLS (American Heart Association), 2012
Member: National Association of Health Care Assistants
32 Wesley Sq • Seattle, WA 67008 • (004) 333-2222 • davis @ email . com
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Building patients confidence by assisting them in activities of daily living.
Performance Summary: Compassionate, dependable CNA with substantial knowledge of personal care delivery protocols. Outgoing team player with profound ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner while demonstrating adaptability and flexibility. Calm and highly focused nursing assistant with natural ability to make patients feel at ease during stressful procedures.
CORE NURSING ASSISTANCE SKILLS
|- Chart Updation||- Vitals Monitoring||- Equipment Handling|
|- Infection Control||- Patient Hygiene||- Inventory Maintenance|
|- Medicine Administration||- HIPPA Compliance||- Patient Transportation|
|- Sample Collection||- Catheter Care||- Feeding Assistance|
• Enhanced patient satisfaction level by 65% through demonstration of highly patient oriented, professional work ethic and strict compliance to HIPPA guidelines regarding patient care delivery.
• Streamlined and implemented contemporary and highly effective infection control protocols and attained a 100% infection free ward environment after 2 months of hiring.
• Implemented a highly effective supplies inventory system that ensured round the clock availability of all supplies in the ward
SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER, Seattle, WA
Certified Nursing Assistant, 4/2012 to Present
Provide care to patients with different cultural backgrounds.
● Assist in delivery of personal care and respond to patient emergency calls
● Take patient history at the time of admission and administer all medicines as per prescription
● Prepare the patients for procedures and deliver wound care to post surgical cases
● Assist patients in walking, eating and personal hygiene
● Record and report vitals
● Dispenses and retrieve bedpans
● Insert and remove urinary catheters
CEDARS-SINAI, Seattle, WA
Nursing Aide, 3/2010 to 4/2012
Performed a range of resident care activities.
● Took TPR, vital signs, and blood pressure
● Assisted residents in bathing, nail care, mouth care, hair car, feeding and toileting
● Helped licensed nursing staff with catheterizations and enemas
● Recorded patients’ intake and output
● Transported and ambulated patients
● Changed linen and collected soiled laundry
● Emptied and changed catheter drainage bags
REGENCY HOSPITAL, Seattle, WA
Ward Helper, 9/2009 to 3/2010
Assisted licensed staff in maintaining an organized ward.
● Checked vitals of patients periodically
● Ensured all patient charts were updated
● Maintained ward supplies record and changed linens
● Facilitated patients in transportation
● Prepare documentation of patient admission, diagnosis, medication and discharge
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
SOME COLLEGE, Seattle, WA, 2009
Diploma in Nursing Assistance
Current CNA certification from the State of Washington
BCLS, CPR and First Aid
American Nursing Association, ANA
International society for nursing, ISN