It goes without saying that companies can only work smoothly if their top executives are provided with the right kind of administrative and clerical staff. Operations clerks usually work with one or more executive by helping them handle everyday operational tasks. This may include answering telephones, greeting visitors, scheduling appointments and handling correspondence. While this may sound simple enough, the work of an operations clerk is challenging and requires a lot of hard work.
Some organizations entrust operations clerks with the responsibility of handling bookkeeping activities. While these may not be too detailed, it is important for operations clerks to possess some background in handling accounting duties.
The resume sample below will provide you with an idea on how you can apply for this position with a strong resume.
Also See: Operations Clerk Cover Letter
Operations Clerk Resume Sample
6800 7th Avenue SW ● Jamestown, ND 90153 ● Cellular: (000) 999-9999 ● Email:
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
Energetic, self-starter with exceptional organizational and analytic skills targeted at smoothing out office operations in a proactive manner. Expertise lies in handling scheduling and customer service tasks along with staying calm and productive in adverse situations.
|♦ Customer service||♦ MS Office applications||♦ E-mail and fax management|
|♦ Data entry||♦ Vendor handling||♦ Making presentations|
|♦ Equipment maintenance||♦ Overseeing payments||♦ Dispersing information|
|♦ Administrative support||♦ Database/spreadsheets||♦ New employee orientation|
Operations Clerk | RR Donnelley – Jamestown, ND | 05/2005 – Present
• Greet customers and visitors and assist them with their queries
• Handle executive correspondence and provide support with preparing presentations
• Oversee incoming and outgoing emails and faxes
• Create and maintain liaisons with vendors and other third parties
• Schedule and follow up on appointments
• Answer telephone calls and take and deliver messages
• Organize departmental meetings and events
• Handle light bookkeeping activities and travel and accommodation activities for executives and team members
✔ Reined in a rollercoaster project by being responsible for providing exact and timely clerical support to key members
✔ Introduced a scheduling system that provided hourly and daily reminders to ensure timely follow up
Operations Intern | Cellnetix – Jamestown, ND | 01/ 2001 – 05/2005
• Handled incoming telephone calls and provided information asked for
• Made sure that all files and records were maintained properly
• Took and delivered telephone messages to correct recipients
• Assisted in organizing corporate outings and meetings
• Collected accounting data such as invoices for bookkeeping purposes
✔ Introduced a database system and converted all records to electronic forms for easy retrieval
✔ Provided with operations training opportunity following exceptional dedication to work during internship period
AS in Office Management | City College, Jamestown, ND | 2000