A Hotel Front Desk Clerk is generally the first individual to greet visitors and hotel guests. S(he) list guests and offer them rooms as per guest’s requirements. S(he) has to ensure that the hotel make good revenue at the same time as making the guests happy.
S(he) must be competent enough to reply questions regarding the price of rooms, amenities and hotel services, deliver keys and assist guests to switch rooms. S(he) should able to operate the hotel’s computer and software.
The job of Hotel Desk Clerks is dissimilar depending on the size of the hotel. In small hotels they might process incoming and outgoing mail, receive payments in cash or through credit cards, record accounts, handle reservations, control the telephone switchboard and perform simple bookkeeping. Desk Clerks ought to know the hotel floor plan, emergency and fire exit routes and sometimes the process of the hotel’s mechanical systems. Desk clerks are required to also be familiar with local stores, restaurants, and churches in order to guide guests accordingly.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk Resume Tips
While applying for this job, a well-written Resume is required to grab the attention of employer. In your Hotel Front Desk Clerk Resume, emphasize on clerical and customer service skills and experience. You should also draw attention towards ability to interact effectively with people, having excellent typing, phone and bookkeeping skills. This will really increase your chances of getting a good job of Hotel Front Desk Clerk. If you have no experience with customer service, mention other relevant experience of interacting with people in community or a like.
Also use this Hotel Front Desk Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk Resume Sample
921 Example Street, Bossier City, LA 65288
Contact #, Email Address
Seeking a Front Desk Clerk position with Hilton Hotel where exceptional clerical and customer service skills will be utilized to improve the customer base and maximize hotel’s profitability.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 4 years’ experience in front desk and customer service
• Highly skilled in greeting, registering, and assigning rooms to guests in a polite and resourceful manner
• Able to direct and accompany guests to different facilities and functions in the hotel
• In-depth knowledge of using computers and basic workplace equipment including fax machine, photo copier and printer
• Hands-on experience in computing bill, collecting payment and making change
• Proven record of performing tasks as mentioned on daily checklist
• Demonstrated ability to answer inquiries about hotel services, shopping, dining and travel directions
Caesars Entertainment – Bossier City, LA
Hotel Front Desk Clerk | Mar 2010 – Present
• Welcome and register guests and offer them services and room rates
• Handle guest check in and checkouts professionally and in a welcoming and specialized manner
• Issue room key and forward instructions to Bell Person
• Make changes and confirm reservations by means of the Lodging Management Systems
• Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts
• Post charges of food, room, liquor and telephone to system and manual ledger
• Maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality
• Provide the maximum quality of service to the guests
• Verify that all updated reports have been run
• Date stamp, arrange, and track incoming mail
Belterra Resort & Spa – Lake Charles, LA
Front Desk Clerk | Dec 2007 – Mar 2010
• Assisted guests with common services and answered any general questions
• Ensured that all wake up calls were handled on time and appropriately
• Posted charges of room, food and beverage, phone, compute guest bills using online system
• Represented the Hotel in regard to guest complaints and situations that require instant action
• Collected payment following all cash handling rules
• Arranged Housekeeping Reports
• Ensured the desk was always attended
High School Diploma – 2007
SPECIAL SKILLS (See: Front Desk Skills for Resume)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Typing speed: 60 words per minute
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Language: Able to communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Profound ability to process cash transactions accurately