Dietary Clerk Job Description
A Dietary Clerk perform clerical duties in a diet office including, maintaining updated patient cardexes and diet office records, preparing production estimation, collecting and editing completed patient menus, and interdepartmental communication.
A high school diploma, GED or equivalent education is required. At least six months of experience in dietary, food service, customer, or clerical service capacity will be plus but not necessarily required. Knowledge of therapeutic menus and diets will be beneficial.
A resume for dietary clerk position is the most important part of your job application. It must reflect your core competencies, skills and abilities which a prospective employer is seeking. The following resume sample contains all the required skills, qualifications and duties. You may tailor it per needs of employer.
35 Example 3rd Avenue, Monroe, MI 65228
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Dietary Clerk position with Mount Sinai Medical Center which will require me to utilize my skills, abilities and experience in the dietary field to ensure the patient’s health.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 1 year experience in Dietary field
• Highly skilled in communicating with patients, relatives, nurses and physicians on the subject of the patients’ prescribed diet
• In-depth knowledge of adjusting patient diet information computer system and menu slips for the subsequent meal
• Hands-on experience in collecting diet change sheets from every of the nursing station before every meal service
• Demonstrated ability to adjust patient menus based on food preferences or allergies
• Proven ability to tally menus and prepare the production sheets
• Expert in MS Office Suite and Diet office computer programs
Feb 2011 – Present
Mercy Memorial Hospital – Monroe, MI
Food Services Dietary Clerk
• Prepare cold food items for patients compliant with established procedures
• Maintain a scheduled stock level of diet
• Tallied cold food items, assembled and garnished trays for patients, unit staff and cafeteria customers
• Rotated labels and date of fresh foods to maintain freshness of products
• Serve food on tray assembly line
• Set up and clean salad bar and dessert area of cafeteria line
High School Diploma – 2010
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good communication skills
• Able to create a positive rapport with everyone
• Attention to detail