A courtesy clerk position is suitable for you if you want to pursue a career in customer service, sales or hospitality arena. A Courtesy Clerk must be a fast, fun, friendly and flexible person who take pleasure in providing admirable customer service.
This job might be challenging and physically demanding which need continuous standing, bending and lifting. But, your ultimate goal is to offer an enjoyable environment for customers by maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
The responsibilities for the Courtesy Clerk include cart retrieval from the store’s parking lot, maintaining sanitation of the store, displaying non-purchased items to appropriate location, supporting customers with their questions and obtaining cost verification on products.
Following is an excellent resume sample for courtesy clerk job. You may modify this example as per your skills and job requirements. This example is very suitable for entry level candidates having no experience. Also use this Courtesy Clerk Cover Letter to support your resume and persuade employer to consider your credentials.
83 Example 3rd Street ● Laguna Hills, CA 65211 ● (999) 999-9999 ● [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Courtesy Clerk with Safeway Corp Hesperia utilizing exceptional customer service skills and profound clerical abilities to ensure the store’s success.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Expert in bagging, cashiering, product returns and store support
• A friendly individual who takes pleasure in meeting people from different cultures
• Demonstrated ability to work speedily and efficiently
• Supportive, eager, and courteous; able to make customers feel important and valued
• Skilled in performing janitorial and store presentation tasks
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Portuguese
Safeway Corp. Laguna Hills, CA | May 2010 – Dec 2010
Junior Courtesy Clerk
• Assisted consumers to their cars with their bags, groceries in relation to the customers’ requirements
• Placed new products in racks
• Gathered and held shopping carts
• Processed returned and scratched products
New Seasons Market, Laguna Hills, CA | Summer 2009
• Gave complete attention to customers; followed through on all questions and requests
• Adhered to cleaning and safeguarding schedules
• Kept front end sales floor sanitized and dry
• Kept section supplies filled and maintained
• Kept the record area clean and well-stocked
• Answered telephones with proper protocol
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to communicate effectively with managers, customers and coworkers
• Works well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and solution-oriented
• Able to lift up to 45 pounds unassisted, continually walking, standing, commonly bending, twisting and stooping