Counter clerks usually work in retail business where they assist customers with information on products and services. They may be required to provide detailed information and cashier services.
Securing a Counter Clerk job is getting increasingly difficult. The job market is so saturated that a single job ad gets hundreds of hits and this calls for an exceptional resume.
Below are some tips that will help your Counter Clerk resume get noticed:
• A good resume is always research based. Begin by finding out as much as possible about the prospective employer, company norms and employer’s preferences.
• You might be having a lot of skills, do not just randomly mention all of them on your resume. Focus on the really relevant ones. Employers do not like irrelevant resumes since they are time wasting.
• Make sure a well-built objective or profile featuring the most wanted aspects of your candidacy that can be of immediate use to the employer appears right under your contact information.
The following resume will portray a counter clerk’s skills in more detail in order to make a good impression on the hiring manager.
Counter Clerk Resume Example
6 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 77773
(999) 669-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Results-oriented individual seeking a position as a Counter Clerk with Armand Grocers using exceptional skills in customer service provision with a high attention to detail.
• Three years of functional experience working in retail environment
• Hands on experience in providing first contact services to customers
• In depth knowledge of maintaining an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness
• Highly skilled in
• Computer: Retail Software and MS Office Applications
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
|• Customer Service||• Communication||• Organization|
|• Suggestive Selling||• Forklift Operation||• Merchandise Display|
• Increased the store’s retail business by 33% by engaging in modern selling techniques to solicit business.
• Awarded Clerk of the Year award following provision of excellent customer services in the year 2011.
May 2010 – Present
K-Mart – Scranton, PA
• Process customers’ orders
• Ensure proper merchandizing of all products including managing stocks and inventories
• Build strategic work relationships with customers and co-workers
• Communicate with clients to find out what assistance to provide
• Handle cash and set up cash drawers as necessary
• Clean and maintain work areas
Jun 2009 – May 2010
CVS Caremark – Moncks Corner, SC
• Operated cash register
• Greeted customers
• Priced merchandise using price guns
• Stocked shelves
• Ensured cleanliness of work area
Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Scranton, PA – 2008