A clerk’s job is not specific to one industry; there might be administrative, office, law, stock, mail, court, billing, file, accounting, data entry, mail, and about a dozen other prefixes that one can think of.
A clerk is responsible for secretarial and administrative work within an office in order to ensure smooth working conditions for the rest of the staff. While some people believe that a clerk is really a minion, this is not the truth. Clerks ensure that the underlying work of an office is managed efficiently so that every employee can work with maximum support and minimum problems.
Clerical Resume Objective Writing
When a job seeker apply for a clerical job, they need to ensure that their resume contains relevant information and a well laid out structure. The most important part of a resume is the objective because it gets read first. Therefore, it needs to portray a good impression of the candidate.
A clerical resume objective could include attributes that are pertinent to the job along with other relevant information that employer want to see in a candidate. Since clerks are required to perform a vast array of tasks, an objective statement needs to contain both clerical and administrative talents.
• Seeking a position as a Clerk with ABC Company utilizing well honed organizational and planning skills in an environment conducive to mutual growth and development.
• Focused and results-driven individual looking for a position as an Accounting Clerk with ABC Bank utilizing my accounting abilities to ensure smooth financial transactions.
• Looking for a position as a Payroll Clerk where my experience in providing payroll services and relevant attention to detail will be utilized in a professional environment.
• Seeking a clerical position with a reputed company that will allow me to fully utilize my recordkeeping, secretarial, and problem solving skills.
• A position as an office clerk with Texas Utility Company. Bringing extensive record management, communication, and accounting skills to benefit the organization.
• To obtain a Clerical position with XYZ Corporation where customer service, bookkeeping, and general office skills will be fully utilized to greater office efficiency and productivity.