A housemaid performs home maintenance and cleaning duties including laundry, ironing and washing. They are also expected to help in errands running and grocery shopping. Housemaids should be trained to properly use cleaning equipment such as washers and driers, floor polishers and vacuum cleaners.
When writing a resume for Housemaid position, keep in mind that the normal resume patterns, styles, tips and rules are not applicable to this position. The prospective employers for housemaid position are often private clients and working parents so they should be handled differently.
From the following sample housemaid resume, learn how to craft your resume for a potential client. This sample along with this housemaid cover letter is very effective for entry level housemaids having no experience in addition to experienced applicants.
36 Example Street ● Houston, TX 69999 ● [Contact #] ● [Email Address]
Energetic / Hard-working / Friendly
Results-driven and trustworthy housemaid with extensive experience in domestic cleaning and housekeeping field. Great ability to follow directions precisely using excellent attention to detail. A friendly and calm individual who has good interpersonal skills to get along with other people. Very responsive to clients queries and concerns. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|– Linen Management||– Room Cleaning||– Waste Handling|
|– Supplies Replenishment||– Equipment Disinfection||– Precautions Observance|
|– Elderly/Child Care||– Dish Washing||– Furniture Dusting|
|– Floor Polishing||– Rugs Cleaning||– Errands Running|
|– Premise Security||– Aesthetic Sense||– General Maintenance|
Mrs. Anna Watson’s House, 31 North Street, Houston TX
Housemaid | May 2009 – Present
• Sweep, wash and polish tiled floors
• Ensure functionality of house security cameras and alert systems
• Assist in the purchasing of groceries and other household items
• Complete routine cleaning tasks in assigned home areas
• Carry out common cleaning tasks at least once a week or month depending on owner requirement
• Dust window blinds and reorganize room items to their original places
• Clean mat and carpets, upholsteries, curtains and draperies using particular vacuum cleaners and shampooers
ABC Company, Austin, TX
Domestic Assistant | Jan 2008 – May 009
• Collected clothes for laundry
• Emptied waste bins, cleaned/replaced ashtrays, and collected garbage from rooms
• Cleaned dishes after every meal
• Maintained kitchen and bathroom sanitation standards
• Cleaned kitchen utensils including ovens, stoves and blenders
Diploma: ST JOHN’S HIGH SCHOOL, Houston, TX – 2005
Excellent references available