Identifying a workable resume sample for Claims Assistant position can be a bit tricky as you need to know just how much information is too much.
A Claims Assistant resume that has information overload can really kill a job application.
Here is a well written resume along with this Claims Assistant Cover Letter that you can use to write your very own one.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample
36 Example Street ♦ Cleveland, OH 52214
[Contact #] ♦ [Email Address]
Looking for a position as a Claims Assistant at GMAC Insurance Personal Lines, where knowledge of the insurance world can be fully utilized to provide benefit to company.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 3 years’ hands-on experience in dealing with claims
• Trained in collaborating with adjusters to provide claims support
• Good experience in researching, obtaining and documenting claims information
• Proficient in providing information for the benefit of agents, beneficiaries and attorneys
• Well versed in filing and recording claims electronically
• Proficient user of computer to include claims information, coverage, DWC notices and payment verification
• Highly skilled in using MS Word, Outlook Calendar and, E-Mail
• Able to maintain a professional and appropriate demeanor consistently
• Introduced a new filing system that cut paperwork by 30%
• Internee of the Month – Aug 2011
Claims Assistant | Metro Solutions, Cleveland, OH | December 2011 – Present
• Assist examiners and management of allocated caseload by performing secretarial functions
• Perform comprehensive telephone investigations
• Arrange medical examinations
• Prepare and types official documents
• Makes disability and medical payments
• Analyze wage statements and make suitable adjustments in the system
Claims Internee | Zenith Insurance Company – Woodland Hills, CA | May 2011 – Dec 2011
• Recorded all claims in the database after verifying accuracy of the data
• Generated daily reports for the management
• Communicated with adjusters in order to ensure smooth claims support
• Documented claims information so that customers can benefit from smooth customer services
• Worked on reassigned claims as and when necessary
• Managed general office tasks including; maintaining supplies for staff, looking through incoming mail, preparing outgoing correspondence and answer customer phone calls
Bachelor’s in Business Administration (Finance) – 2010