Daycare centers are a relief for working people with children not yet of school going age. Daycare assistants provide support to daycare management with formulating care plans dependent on each child’s individual needs and perform a variety of duties that help children’s developmental needs.
A resume for a Daycare Assistant position is a short and snappy outline of your expertise, education, experience, activities, and accomplishments as they affect employment goals.
You should be aware that hiring managers spend only 30-40 seconds to skim a resume and decide whether your childcare background matches their needs. As a result, you should think of your Daycare resume as a marketing tool that demonstrates that the product (you) meets the requirements of client (employer).
How to write an effective resume for Daycare Assistant posiiton?
• Give emphasis to relevant achievements and contributions.
• Focus on the expertise necessary in child care field.
• Write a concise, well-ordered, and easy to read resume.
210 Corrine Avenue
Enthusiastic to provide a safe and nurturing environment to children.
Driven and cool-tempered individual with an outstanding track record of supervising children from ages 1 month to 10 years. Hands-on experience in formulating age appropriate care plans for children, helping daycare teachers with progress management and handling emergency situations in a calm manner. Demonstrated ability to ensure children are involved in activities appropriate to their emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Early childhood Education – NAPA Special Education
• First aid and CPR
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Menu planning||• Inventory and storage of food and equipment|
|• Snack preparation||• Health and safety standards maintenance|
|• Record-keeping||• Class room cleaning and sanitation|
|• Diaper changing||• Bottle-feeding and cleaning children|
|• Light housekeeping||• Curriculum development|
Daycare Assistant | Soliant Care, Idaho Falls, ID | Dec 2012 – Present
• Assist in planning and implementing care plans for children
• Manage nutritious food for children
• Ensure entertainment and activities on a regular basis
• Ensure cleanliness of premises and equipment at all times
• Manage resources for physical and emotional developmental activities
• Assist in monitoring children during and after activities
Volunteer | Little Steps Daycare, Idaho Falls, ID | Feb 2011- Dec 2012
• Assisted in managing care plans for children
• Changed diapers and bottle fed infants as instructed
• Researched for and prepared resources for children
• Developed good habits in chidren
• Helped in monitoring children activities
Idaho State University, Idaho Falls, ID
Bachelor’s Degree in Education – 2010
Major: Early Childhood Education
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good sense of humor
• Thorough understanding of childcare theories and practices