Day Care Assistants honestly and keenly provide care, safety, and organized activities to children enrolled in Day Care Center without any discrimination.
They also assist in all activities related to the operation of the Day Care Center, including child supervision, hygiene related needs and parental interaction.
A high school diploma or GED. Childcare experience is a plus. Should be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Day Care Assistant Resume Sample
|Cellular: (999) 767-6584||
101 Clap Range | Clive, IA 75688
E-mail: lucas @ email . com
DAY CARE ASSISTANT
Mature, responsible, and a genuine interest in working with children.
PROFILE: Highly motivated Day Care Assistant with 2+ years of hands-on experience working in different child care capacities. Exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills. Great work ethic with responsible, caring, nurturing nature and have a natural love for children. Demonstrated ability to remain calm and composed under stress. Effectively evaluate information and make independent decisions. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|• Overseeing all activities of children
• Health and hygiene education
• Teaching children/help with homework
• Recreational activities organization
• Food preparation and serving
|• Toys and play materials management
• Bottle sterilization/formulas preparation
• Providing age appropriate counseling
• Dressing children and changing diapers
• Housekeeping tasks
• Accompanying children on outings
Day Care Assistant | Oct 2015 – Dec 2016
Children’s Day Out – Buffalo, NY
• Sparked imagination, built self-esteem and helped children discover new things each day
• Provided appropriate child supervision, in accordance with the Daycare program guidelines
• Assured child safety and appropriate hygiene
• Exhibited regular and punctual attendance
• Provided age-appropriate lessons, recreation and learning experiences for children in care
• Communicated thoroughly and timely with parents regarding children’s progress, behavior and needs
• Assisted with meals and snacks
Substitute Day Care Assistant | May 2013 – Oct 2015
Learning Care Group – Houston, TX
• Assisted children in transitioning during the day
• Encouraged and facilitated ongoing parent participation and involvement
• Helped establish a safe, clean and positive childcare environment
• Assessed and met the strengths and needs of every child
• Assisted in the development and implementation of weekly program plans
Early Child Care Diploma, ICAN College, Naperville, IL – 2012
Relevant Coursework: Role of Childcare Worker ~ Child Observation ~ Early Childhood Development ~ Children and Technology ~ Health & Safety and Nutrition
High School Diploma, Naperville High School, Naperville, IL – 2011
• Calendar and scheduling
• MS Word and Excel
• Email, internet and social media
“I am devoted to create a stimulating environment to help develop children emotionally, intellectually and physically”.
Superior references available