It is all the more important to ensure that your Child Care resume is above par if you do not have any experience in the field that you are applying for or if it is a first job. Since you are an entry level candidate, you will be at a disadvantage because of the lack of experience to write but you can cover it by mentioning your transferable skills gained from education in addition to summer and volunteer experiences.
Here is a sample resume along with this Child Care Cover Letter that can help you understand what to do in a situation like this.
99 Churchill Way, Laurel, MD 123000
Contact #, Email
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a child care worker with ABC Organization utilizing genuine love for children to help them grow physically and intellectually.
High School Diploma – March 2012
ABC School – Laurel, MD
CHILD CARE SKILLS
– Strong ability to look after children aged between 0 and 5
– Excellent personal motivation
– Focused, versatile and dependable
– Ability to adapt effectively to changing environments
– Qualified in CPR and first aide procedures
– Ability to formulate curriculum for children based on age and need basis
– Ability to develop and implement child development programs
– Good knowhow of safety procedures required for safe playing
AWARDS AND HONORS
– Amongst the top 3 students (academically) in high school
– Worked at SOS Village as a volunteer, helping homeless children come to terms with their situations by counseling them and engaging them in interactive programs
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
– Member of the school Drama Association
– Member of the MD Photography Club