Sous chefs work at a next position to an executive chef within a restaurant or a hotel environment. They assist with preparations of food according to what the executive chef wants and assist with managing staff.
The following is a great sample cover letter for a sous chef that you can use if you are applying for a job as a sous chef. This example clearly shows your skills and relevant expertise in bullet form. This format is very effective because it would catch the attention of recruiter right away.
Related: Sous Chef Resume
22 Keahole Street
Honolulu, HI 38822
james.h @ email . com
September 1, 2016
Mr. Cary Grant
637 Kukui Lane
Honolulu, HI 73736
Dear Mr. Grant:
I am very interested in applying for the position of Sous Chef at Hyatt. Using my Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and 3 years’ supervisory experience in kitchens of 4-5 star hotels, I would be able to deliver high-quality service and great food to your guests while maintaining quality standards and maximizing profitability.
As you can note from the enclosed resume, I have a considerable expertise in:
• Cooking all kinds of food in accordance with menu and number of guests
• Ensuring the provision of high quality hospitality services
• Supervising and assisting culinary staff in the production of all menu items
• Portioning and garnishing
• Conducting quality assurance tests for all menu items
• Ensuring safe food handling procedures
• Maintaining proper storage of all foods
As an dependable and customer-focused professional, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person and discuss your Sous Chef’s position and my relevant skills in more detail. I will contact you after a week to see if an interview can be arranged and will be available at (010) 158-142 in the interim.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.