Pastry chefs do much more than just bake and decorate pastry. They are required to train people working under them especially where decorating techniques are concerned.
If you are a talented pastry chef with a great love for baking, you should use the following resume as a template when applying for a position in this regard.
This example is provided to you by career services professionals and meant to familiarize you with a good resume format and style. The only purpose is to get you started and strengthen your previous resume.
We strongly recommend that you make a Pastry Chef Resume your own in order to stand out from the rest of crowd.
Related: Pastry Chef Cover Letter
Pastry Chef Resume Sample
664 Central Ave, Laurel, DE 88833
(096) 999-9999, Email
Seeking a Pastry Chef position at Wonders utilizing creative decoration skills to ensure recurring business.
• Five years of experience primarily in the areas of baking and cooking
• Pastry Chef Training from The Culinary Institute of America
• Hands on experience in hiring, training and coaching pastry and baking teams
• In depth knowledge of cake decoration and flaky pastry techniques
• Able to operate relevant machines such as dough dividers, sheeters, rounders, and ovens
• Proven record of overseeing pastry baking efforts to maximize customer satisfaction
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Pastry Preparation • Sanitary Handling • Food and Service Techniques • Work within Pre-Established Budget • Marketing Strategies • Record Keeping • Report Preparation • Researching Current Trends
• Won the Biggest Cake Competition in 2009 by being part of a team of pastry chefs who baked a 72lb chocolate cake
• Introduced a creamy flaky pastry as a novelty for Hyatt patrons
Hyatt – Laurel, DE
Pastry Chef | July 2008 – March 2013
• Performed baking activities in accordance to the hotel’s menu
• Supervised and coordinated efforts of the baking staff to produce puddings, icings and other fancy pastries
• Directed pastry staff in task performances
• Decorated products with icing designs and created new recipes
• Inspected kitchen and baking equipment for cleanliness and workability
• Requisitioned supplies and equipment
• Prepared budgets and supervised apprentices
High School Diploma – 2007
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent aesthetic skills
• Strong leadership skills with ability to build a positive work environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient in the use of baking equipment
• Ability to perform basic math operations