A qualifications section of a cashier’s resume shows to the prospective employer that you are an excellent match for this position. It is a precise list of the required expertise and skills that you have!
In fact, this section gives a very good start to your resume. Almost 80% of hiring managers prefer Summary of Qualifications and/or skills section following an objective.
Below are some sample qualifications for a Cashier Resume. You may use 5 to 6 relevant qualifications either in ‘Summary of Qualifications’ or ‘Skills’ section of your resume.
Cashier Resume Skills and Qualifications
• Highly skilled in providing prompt and friendly customer service
• In-depth knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
• Well versed in performing monetary transactions such as giving and receiving change
• Able to maintain clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area
• Knowledge of gift cards, travelers checks, food stamps, cash, checks, processing coupons, and refunds
• Demonstrated ability to balance all transactions run through assigned register, including layaway payments, checks, register receipts, currency, and credit card
• Proven record of processing exact and efficient sale and return transactions
• Able to maintain knowledge of current product location
• Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and German
• Skilled in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Able to answer telephone and perform light housekeeping tasks