The skills and qualifications section is the most important part of a caregiver’s resume so always make it as attractive as possible. This section allow you to mention your caregiving skills, training and education or outline your personality traits to the prospective employer.
As prospective employers need caregivers to provide compassion, care and assistance to those who need help in everyday living, therefore, include these type of keywords in the qualifications section. This section can also be called as Profile, Skills, Strengths, Summary of Qualifications, or Special Capabilities.
You can choose 5 to 6 phrases from the following samples which are most relevant to employer’s needs.
• Over 3 years’ hands-on experience in caregiving field
• Highly skilled in assisting diverse clients in the activities of daily living
• In-depth knowledge of providing personal grooming; skin care, hair, nails and oral care
• Hands-on experience in monitoring blood pressure, vital signs, pulse, temperature and respiration
• Well-versed in grocery shopping, running errands, paying bills and performing laundry
• Proven record of providing assistance in toileting, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene
• Demonstrated ability to encourage everyday activities in keeping with the client’s needs
• Adept at preparing and serving nutritious meals
• Track record of providing conversation and companionship in a respectful manner
• Proven ability to remind prescribed and over the counter medication
• First-hand experience in light housekeeping, running errands, laundry work and pet care
• Possess a reliable vehicle and current driver’s license with good driving record
• Proficient in assisting clients with walking and physical therapy
• Able to assist patients throughout the night
• Special talent for maintaining confidentiality