The skills and qualifications section is the vital part of of a caregiver’s resume so always make it as attractive as possible. This section lets you state your particular skills, training and education or outline your personality traits to the prospective employer.
As the employers need caregivers to provide compassion, care and assistance to those who need help in everyday living, therefore, include these type of keywords in the skills section. This section can also be called as Profile, Strengths, Summary of Qualifications, or Capabilities.
You can choose 5 to 6 phrases from the following samples which are most relevant to employer’s needs.
• Over 3 years’ experience in caregiving field
• Highly skilled in assisting diverse clients in the activities of daily living
• In-depth knowledge of providing personal grooming; skin care, hair, nails and oral care
• Hands-on experience in monitoring blood pressure, vital signs, pulse, temperature and respiration
• Well-versed in grocery shopping, running errands, paying bills and performing laundry
• Proven record of giving assistance in shower, toileting, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene
• Demonstrated ability to encourage everyday activities in keeping with the client’s needs and capabilities
• Adept at preparing nutritious meals
• Proven ability to remind prescribed and over the counter medication
• Effective skills in light housekeeping, exercises, yard work, pet care and companionship