Skills and Qualifications section is the vital part of of your caregiver resume so always make it as attractive as possible. This section lets you state your particular skills, training and education or outline your personality traits to your prospective employer. This section can also be called Profile, Strengths, Summary of Qualifications, or Capabilities.
As the employers need caregivers to provide compassion, care and assistance to those who need help in everyday living, so include these type of keywords in your profile section.
You can choose 5 to 6 phrases from the following samples which are most relevant to employer’s needs.
Sample Skills and Qualifications for a Caregiver Resume
• Over 3 years experience as caregiver
• Highly skilled in assisting clients in activities of daily living
• In-depth knowledge of providing personal grooming; skin care, hair, nails and oral care
• Hands-on experience in monitoring blood pressure, vital signs, pulse, temperature and respiration
• Comprehensive knowledge of grocery shopping, running errands, paying bills and performing laundry
• Proven record of giving assistance in shower, toileting, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene
• Demonstrated ability to encourage activities in keeping with the client’s needs and capabilities
• Thorough understanding of preparing nutritious meals
• Proven ability to remind prescribed and over the counter medication
• Substantial knowledge to perform light housekeeping, exercises, yard work, pet care and companionship