A companion aide position is very demanding in nature which requires a lot of patience in the candidate’s personality. Most organizations demand a CNA or caregiving certificate or diploma for the position.
A winning resume for companion aide reflects a deep sense of responsibility in addition to genuine compassion for clients.
Creative skills and expertise regarding care giving must also be demonstrated in your resume since the position is expected to handle activities for the clients.
524 Havana Square, Butler, PA 34902
(005) 222-5555 | grace @ email . com
Summary: Compassionate and highly motivated individual with a genuine love for elderly and people with special needs. Well versed with companionship protocols for people belonging to various age groups. Effective communicator who effectively performs care giving and personal grooming tasks.
|• First Aid and CPR Certified||• Current Driver’s license|
|• Self dependent and patient||• Vital signs checking and recording|
|• Bilingual: English and Spanish||• Able to lift heavy weights|
Life Steps, Butler, PA | 01/2013 to Current
• Provide assistance and company to clients throughout the day
• Design activities to motivate and involve the residents
• Implore the community resources and club facilities to suit the social and emotional needs of clients
• Prepare snacks and lunch while keeping dietary restrictions in mind
• Accompany clients during clinic/hospital visits
• Earned the most dedicated employee award twice
• Designed and implemented a fun filled group activity for the elderly, titled find a friend which became an integral part of the program after the first round
Home Instead, Butler, PA | 06/2010 – 12/2012
• Assisted the clients in daily personal grooming tasks like brushing, changing, bathing and feeding
• Carried out light housekeeping chores including dusting, snack making and vacuuming
• Provided company to the clients, making relevant and lively conversations
• Ensured timely administration of medication as per client’s medical charts
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certificate in Companion Assistance | Vocational Institute, Butler, PA | 2010
High School Diploma | Varsity High School, Butler, PA | 2009