If you love caring for others, obtaining a position as a caregiver will be a perfect choice for you. Caregivers are accountable for looking after elderly or children at the home of the employer.
In order to get a job as a caregiver, you need to build an attractive resume that is tailored specifically as per requirements of a particular employer.
● Start your resume with a good objective or profile statement indicating three of your talents.
● Mention your qualifications and core competences which will be help you perform this job efficiently.
● List your work experience and/or accomplishments in reverse chronological order.
● If you do not have any relevant experience you may include honorary, internship or summer position which might have some relevance to this position.
Following is a sample caregiver resume which contains relevant sections and a bullet list under each heading. Use this free sample as a template to build your own. Pay close attention to the resume sections and layout and the ways that might capture the reader’s attention.
See also: Caregiver Resume Sample
|347 Stella Lane • Bend, OR 56888
(004) 222-1111 • oliver @ email . com
Poised to outperform at a private household or a healthcare facility. Repeating record of achievements with clients of different socio-economic backgrounds.
Performance Summary: Compassionate and results-driven Caregiver with 9 years’ progressive experience in personal care arena. Strong commitment to deliver first-class assistance to elderly as well as children. A successful communicator who has a profound ability to build and maintain professional relationships with clients. Track record of exceeding clients’ expectations and consistently enhancing their quality of life by instilling self help skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Companionship||● Errands Running||● Personal Care|
|● Housekeeping||● Toilet/Bath Assistance||● Catheter Care|
|● Meal Preparation||● Feeding||● Exercising Assistance|
|● ACLS Certification||● Medicine Administration||● Current Driver’s License|
• Provide quality companionship to clients all day long and assist them in hygiene maintenance and daily living tasks
• Accompany clients to hospitals and constantly communicate their condition and progress to family and concerned doctor
• Anticipate client’s daily needs and handle them appropriately
• Maintain client confidentiality and privacy protocols
• Create and maintain active communication channels with the client’s family and physician
• Initiated table games club at the facility which enhanced inter- resident communication immensely augmenting the overall quality of life.
• Attained 100% client satisfaction within initial 2 months of work.
• Identified early symptoms of stroke in a client, provided basic life support and timely shifted her to the hospital thus saving her life.
• Maintained the allotted floors in neat and clean condition
• Cleaned, scrubbed, dusted, carried out laundry and maintenance tasks
• Performed light cooking and kitchen assistance activities
• Attained the ‘Most Committed Employee Award’ twice during tenure.
• Facilitated the renovation of a 16 room residential facility by working singlehandedly within a fortnight’s time.
• Fixed a chandelier with loose hangings effectively saving the client from replacement and extra repair cost.
High School Diploma | City School, Bend, OR – 2007