Medical billers are usually required to obtain a certification in medical billing before they can apply for this position. Although, they can get a job without formal training or certification, but, a certification makes a candidate more credible.
They are responsible for the billing and payment sides of a medical practice and are thus an important part of the healthcare industry.
If you are a new medical biller and are looking for an entry level position, you want to look at the following resume sample that will tell you what you can write in it to make it effective.
Entry Level Medical Billing Resume Sample
330 30th Street, Glendale, NY 55555
(009) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Medical Biller with Technical Medication where I may be able to use my training in order to facilitate payments and billing procedures of the facility.
Certified Medical Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) – AAPC
✔ Health Insurance/Managed Health Care
✔ ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II Coding
✔ Processing Insurance Claims
✔ Legal and Regulatory Issues
✔ Essential CMS-1500 Claim Instructions
✔ Commercial Insurance
✔ CMS Reimbursement Methodologies
• Trained in preparing and submitting clean claims to various insurance companies
• Proven ability to prepare and review patient statements and resolve patient issues regarding billing
• In-depth knowledge of processing full-cycle billing and charge entry for all types of claims
• Familiar with interviewing, selecting and evaluating performance of all direct billing reports
• Knowledge of medical and billing terminology
New York State University – Glendale, NY
Bachelors in Finance – 2012
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER WORK
• Worked as a volunteer for the college first aid society
• President of the drama club
• Member of the school CPR team
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Able to manage a variety of complex medical billing issues